• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BottleOfSmoke

OT Changes

Rate this topic

What good is a tie, though? Two teams get a loser point.

As opposed to one team getting an etra undeserved point? A tie means neither team deserves two points, which is fine, since neither deserved to win in a non-gimmick situation.

As opposed to one team getting an etra undeserved point? A tie means neither team deserves two points, which is fine, since neither deserved to win in a non-gimmick situation.

Picture it...two teams floating defensive lines that accentuate their defensive abilities while defending against a defensive opponent. Why push for the point and risk losing and getting nothing, when they can sit back and try to guarantee the loser point for a tie. I don't like the loser point for OT, but ties are just as bad.

Picture it...two teams floating defensive lines that accentuate their defensive abilities while defending against a defensive opponent. Why push for the point and risk losing and getting nothing, when they can sit back and try to guarantee the loser point for a tie. I don't like the loser point for OT, but ties are just as bad.

Was that the way it was in the old days? I don't remember it being that bad.

Dude, a tie in modern sports? You wanna root for the only league that still has ties? I'm SURE that will grow the sport. Everyone goes home with hockey blue balls every night. Awesome.

Here's a thought. Everyone hates the "loser point" because it makes some games worth more than others (which can effect other teams in the standings) and because people are afraid that players play it safe to get "at least one point", thus bringing on the shootout.

How about if we have 2 points to the winner in regulation or overtime, and 1 point for winning a shootout. Loser gets nothing either way. If everyone knows that they're going home empty-handed with a loss either way, but they only get a point for winning in the shootout, they'll kill or die to get it done beforehand.

Yes, it has an effect on the standings, but it only hurts the teams that let it go to a shootout instead of their competition.

Dude, a tie in modern sports? You wanna root for the only league that still has ties? I'm SURE that will grow the sport. Everyone goes home with hockey blue balls every night. Awesome.

The most popular sport in the world still has ties.

Or are you too redneck to care about that game?

The most popular sport in the world still has ties.

Or are you too redneck to care about that game?

AH you've successfully baited me. Darn. Here's where I say, what sport is that? Now it's your chance to make a fool of me.

They've had the taste of that point now. Not sure if you're baiting me, or demosnstrating your skills in hyperbole.

Instead of the shootout we should have 1v1

That's a shoutout you're thinking of. It's precisely one on one.

Edited by Hack & Whack Rule!

That exact thing currently happens in the third period as teams play for the loser point, then hope for the extra point in OT or shootout.

The existing point structure provides even more incentive for conservative play in the third period than ties did.

They've had the taste of that point now. Not sure if you're baiting me, or demosnstrating your skills in hyperbole.

That's a shoutout you're thinking of. It's precisely one on one.

No, 3v3 is 3 players so I'm saying have goalies and one player from each team on the ice.

Goalie vs goalie.

But the goalies have to play from the top of the circles, and elastic bumpers will be added in various spots five off the boards at the hash marks, blue lines, and red lines.

Get it done.

And they have to be moved by long metal rods attached to their backs and that extend out through the boards.