• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
marcaractac

Datsyuk Has Ankle Surgery

Rate this topic

What a tough bastard, playing with that through the Tampa series.

Dats has played through a lot of injuries that weren't well publicized. I know for a fact earlier in his career, he was a huge mess during the playoffs several times, as in, can't even walk without a huge limp in daily life. It irks me when people get on his case about his performance or injuries. He's definitely a lot tougher than many give him credit for.

Dats has played through a lot of injuries that weren't well publicized. I know for a fact earlier in his career, he was a huge mess during the playoffs several times, as in, can't even walk without a huge limp in daily life. It irks me when people get on his case about his performance or injuries. He's definitely a lot tougher than many give him credit for.

If it was a significant injury it's supposed to be reported. I can't really find anything on his database regarding injuries when he was younger. The lack of performance back then is probably just like any normal player in this league.. most rookies and youngsters take a while to start becoming playoff performers.. I mean Nyquist has been getting a lot of heat for his playoff performance.. But in a year or two I'm sure he'll be producing well in the playoffs. Datsyuk developed well and that's all the matters now. So what if he wasn't a star in his first 2 or 3 years? Takes time. Not everyone is going to break out and perform like superstars when they enter the league.

I did notice Pav was getting slower as the series progressed. Good to know there's an upside to this. What worries me is that being on a cast for the summer basically prevents you from working out and doing cardio. The offseason is imperative to use as a time for conditioning especially for a 36 year old.

Hope he gets some conditioning time before season starts.

Why not more response on this topic? I consider this very serious and could threaten our playoff run.

Don't expect Dats to get his speed up until mid season, and that's at best. Provided he has no setbacks, which are common, it's probably closer to playoff time.

I've been injured a lot, including ankle surgeries. If he gets to wear a cast for 4-6 weeks, despite proper strength training and rehab his leg will have lost considerable muscle mass & coordination. It will seriously impede his ability to play competitively for at least half a year.

Why not more response on this topic? I consider this very serious and could threaten our playoff run.

Don't expect Dats to get his speed up until mid season, and that's at best. Provided he has no setbacks, which are common, it's probably closer to playoff time.

I've been injured a lot, including ankle surgeries. If he gets to wear a cast for 4-6 weeks, despite proper strength training and rehab his leg will have lost considerable muscle mass & coordination. It will seriously impede his ability to play competitively for at least half a year.

Ya but you don't have the best trainers and physical therapists in the world

I think you're overreacting quite a bit.

Datsyuk game isn't dependant on speed, he was hobbled all last year and still put up over a ppg.

Even if he isn't quite right, we have enough center depth that him being out for a bit won't be too big of a deal.

Why not more response on this topic?

1. I consider this very serious and could threaten our playoff run.

2. Don't expect Dats to get his speed up until mid season, and that's at best. Provided he has no setbacks, which are common, it's probably closer to playoff time.

3. his leg will have lost considerable muscle mass & coordination. It will seriously impede his ability to play competitively for at least half a year.

1. It's serious if he played through an injury even next season. Now he is "healthier" and "fixed" which is an upside. I don't think it would threaten our playoff run too much. Pav has been injured a lot. In those times other players have stepped up quiet a bit. We still have Hank, and we have experienced younger squad now. Remember when we were missing both Pav and Hank last year? We still made it and it was with an under-experienced squad.

2. I agree, but like Jimmyemeryhunter said, Pav doesn't need to rely on his speed to dangle in close quarters. It might affect his overall game, but a slow Datsyuk is still beneficial to us.

3. I agree his leg strength will be awful even with the "best trainers" in the world, the human body has its limits. He will lose muscle mass but gain it back as well, but gaining muscle mass takes a loooooooooong time.

Edited by kickazz

Let's be clear, I'm not saying that dats will be skating circles around everyone the moment his cast is off (although it wouldn't surprise me) but I highly doubt it will take 6 months for him to get his form back, I say by November/december he is back around %100

I'm glad this is getting taken care of now, and not mid-season. I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

The silver lining is that now Larkin can push for a spot during those first 9 games before he has to be sent down. That will take them to October 30th. Dats should be fine by then. No worries.

I'm glad this is getting taken care of now, and not mid-season. I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

The silver lining is that now Larkin can push for a spot during those first 9 games before he has to be sent down. That will take them to October 30th. Dats should be fine by then. No worries.

I think Larkin will absolutely make the team is Datsyuk can't start the season.

Now reported he won't be ready until November.

As mentioned, no one is an excuse to human anatomy. They're probably locking him down till he's built enough muscle mass to skate hard on his feet and built up his endurance. No reason to be put on a cast for the summer and then just go out and skate without conditioning yourself. The season/postseason is too damn long to do things that way.

I'm still not worried about not having him to start the season. Would love it if Larkin proves himself this summer to be ready.

Edited by kickazz