• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
marcaractac

Datsyuk Has Ankle Surgery

Rate this topic

1. Remember when we were missing both Pav and Hank last year? We still made it and it was with an under-experienced squad.

Yeah, that was damn nice. The kids led by Nyqvist really shined, great memories. But still Dats is clearly the teams best player, Hank seems to have taken one damage to much. It's gonna be a dramatic fall I believe in terms of team points.

--

Well at least it's good they lock him up until November. He'd probably go out and skate with one leg otherwise. I project a decent Datsyuk in January if he doesn't hurt something else, which is very common.

Edited by Jacksoni

Hank seems to have taken one damage to much. It's gonna be a dramatic fall I believe in terms of team points.

I wouldn't say that. People wrote off Pav in 2014 season because his production dropped considerably and then sat out injured half of the season, plus people got pissy because they thought he was pretending to be injured/ resting up to play for his national team in the olympics. That same year Z was producing well over a point per game and had a breakout performance first quarter of the season. He was projected to destroy his 2008 point and goal scoring average. All until his disc was herniated.

Then this year, Pav comes back and produces point per game while Z underproduces after the hit from Jamie Benn.

My point is, we simply don't have enough evidence to write either of them off. Not after Pav's 2014 season nor after Hanks 2015 season. I'll consider it their outliers for now.

I think these two need their rest and need their time to condition well at this age and they will perform just fine.

To be honest I feel like the less unimportant games Pav plays, the better it is for him and for the Wings. If he joins them november or even december, all that means is he's got more fuel left in the tank for the playoffs.

But... It's never fun not having the dangles around to start off a hockey season. I often get quiet bored not watching him on ice..

Edited by kickazz

This for sure keeps Weiss around, which is fine; they can buy him out next year if he has another year like last year with less of an affect on the cap.

Sheahan will most likely take the 2C spot again unless Weiss has a phenomenal camp, but like others, I'm hoping this gives Larkin a shot coming out of camp.

Can you imagine a Helm-Larkin-Pulks/Jurco third line?

Nyq-z-Abby

Tatar-sheahan-pulk

Helm-larkin-jurco

Miller-glendog-ferrero

Something like that if Larkin gets a chance while datsyuk is out..? Idk if he will but I wouldn't be opposed. Our line up could benefit a lot from a Joel ward type signing. But I'd only want him for two years probably and it's looking like he wants four. Either way, I hope pav makes a full recovery asap. He's our best defenseman.

Nyq-z-Abby

Tatar-sheahan-pulk

Helm-larkin-jurco

Miller-glendog-ferrero

Something like that if Larkin gets a chance while datsyuk is out..? Idk if he will but I wouldn't be opposed. Our line up could benefit a lot from a Joel ward type signing. But I'd only want him for two years probably and it's looking like he wants four. Either way, I hope pav makes a full recovery asap. He's our best defenseman.

As much as I'm a fan of this, it doesn't factor in Andy, or Weiss, or Franzen (if he's back). I know Andy can be easily waived, but we're already at a logjam of forwards without Dats coming back. Hope I'm wrong here, but Larkin may have to start in GR regardless.

As much as I'm a fan of this, it doesn't factor in Andy, or Weiss, or Franzen (if he's back). I know Andy can be easily waived, but we're already at a logjam of forwards without Dats coming back. Hope I'm wrong here, but Larkin may have to start in GR regardless.

I think Larkin will start in GR but he has as good of a chance as any waiver exempt player not to.

and in this scenario, I was assuming Franzen wouldn't be back yet to start the year, I'm about 50/50 on that.

But I just don't see where weiss fits in if Larkin get a chance at the wings roster out of training camp.

And I guess you could say Andersson/Ferrero but I think most, if not all of us, can agree on who we'd want out of those two.

Ken Holland and blashill both keep saying they're going to give Larkin every chance to make the team, and with dats out for a while, I have a feeling hell be here when the season starts.

Exactly. Larkin basically controls his fate this year. There's not much on the organizational end that prevents him from making the team. This isn't the Red Wings of the old. Hollands gotten a lot more open minded about bringing youngsters earlier.

Third line.

Nhl

And on this third line, while leading a break he gets caught not watching and consequently gets kronwalled by Dustin Byfuglien. Physically out for a month and mentally will never be ready for a top line.

And on this third line, while leading a break he gets caught not watching and consequently gets kronwalled by Dustin Byfuglien. Physically out for a month and mentally will never be ready for a top line.

How often is Dustin Byfuglien out against third lines?

I'll answer for you.

Almost never.

And fine.

Let him get mcgrattan'd in grand rapids, like theres a difference.

He's 13 pounds less than Tatar and 3 inches taller. Not sure if he's spending the summer bulking up a bit but it would probably help. If he can gain at least 10-15 pounds (muscle + carb/water + fat combined) I don't see much issue.

There's no issue with his size.

Some people are just nay sayers, because its easier than welcoming in the new.

sadly I think ppl give Holland and co too much credit I see this for opening night

Goose Z Abby

Franzen Shehan Tats

Weiss Helm Jurco

Miller Glendening Andy

Larkin has run with every opportunity that he's been given so I actually think there's a small chance he'll be on the opening roster.

Your F lineup is more likely, though, except Pulkkinen will be there over Andy or maybe Jurco.

If he's still around, I want to see the redemption of Weiss this season. With Dats out and Babcock gone, it's the perfect opportunity for him to lay a claim to a Center position.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Larkin has run with every opportunity that he's been given so I actually think there's a small chance he'll be on the opening roster.

Your F lineup is more likely, though, except Pulkkinen will be there over Andy or maybe Jurco.

If he's still around, I want to see the redemption of Weiss this season. With Dats out and Babcock gone, it's the perfect opportunity for him to lay a claim to a Center position.

agree but I just don't see andy going they want to make the 4th line from last yar everyone else is pretty set in their role so I see Jurco/Pulks trading back and forth that spot unless they both kick it in to gear than I see andy being scratched and if Weiss does better than helm moved to 4th glen moved rw andy out

Edited by sjr2012

And i only see glendenning moving from c if he's moved up to a scoring line, which shouldn't happen now that babs is gone.

But Ferraro will most likely be in over andersson.

Agreed. The only way glendog goes to a scoring line is if it's a Toronto scoring line.

I prefer Z and D to play the rest of their time together on a line. Sad to say but Z being a centerman seems like it's wearing him down. Babcock was always too quick to split them up imo. One or two games wouldn't go well and it was a split. Hopefully Blash is a lot more patient and only splits them when needed (kind of like when Babs did game 7 Anaheim 2013 round 1). The Z and D match ups work great against certain teams like LA or Boston. I do understand that with certain match ups, they are better off split and that should definitely be taken into consideration..

When Pav is back i'd like to see.

Z - Pav - Abby

Goose - Sheahan - Tatar

Helm - Larkin - Jurco/Franzen

Ferraro/Andy - Glenny - Miller

The 4th line could easily be one of the better ones in the league. Sheahan would be great big body with two speedy wingers. Pav and Z can make plays with the back of their head while Abby gives them their best weapon:- SPACE.

I admit, the Larkin line I'm not so sure on. But it could work.

Edited by kickazz

I prefer Z and D to play the rest of their time together on a line. Sad to say but Z being a centerman seems like it's wearing him down. Babcock was always too quick to split them up imo. One or two games wouldn't go well and it was a split. Hopefully Blash is a lot more patient and only splits them when needed (kind of like when Babs did game 7 Anaheim 2013 round 1). The Z and D match ups work great against certain teams like LA or Boston. I do understand that with certain match ups, they are better off split and that should definitely be taken into consideration..

When Pav is back i'd like to see.

Z - Pav - Abby

Goose - Sheahan - Tatar

Helm - Larkin - Jurco/Franzen

Ferraro/Andy - Glenny - Miller

The 4th line could easily be one of the better ones in the league. Sheahan would be great big body with two speedy wingers. Pav and Z can make plays with the back of their head while Abby gives them their best weapon:- SPACE.

I admit, the Larkin line I'm not so sure on. But it could work.

Last year Goose Shea Tat didn't play that well together. I feel that splitting up the Euro Twins was more to help out Gus and Tats then anything else.

If they step up then they could be the second line. Two years ago, though, the "kid" line that worked really well was Jurco-Shea-Tats. I don't think TT and Gus have that much chemistry together.

Last year Goose Shea Tat didn't play that well together. I feel that splitting up the Euro Twins was more to help out Gus and Tats then anything else.

If they step up then they could be the second line. Two years ago, though, the "kid" line that worked really well was Jurco-Shea-Tats. I don't think TT and Gus have that much chemistry together.

If Franzen comes back perhaps Franzen - Sheahan - Tatar may be better suited with Goose on the third line.

We've consistently had more success as a team splitting up Z and D. I don't understand why everyone is so adamant about keeping them together

Btw my opening roster

Abby-Zetterberg-Nyquist

Tatar-Sheahan-Franzen

Jurco-Larkin-Pulkinnen

Helm-Glendening-Miller

4th line would be relentless and actually create energy. Plus Helm and Glendening chipping in offensively would be a huge boost

We've consistently had more success as a team splitting up Z and D. I don't understand why everyone is so adamant about keeping them together

Btw my opening roster

Abby-Zetterberg-Nyquist

Tatar-Sheahan-Franzen

Jurco-Larkin-Pulkinnen

Helm-Glendening-Miller

4th line would be relentless and actually create energy. Plus Helm and Glendening chipping iffensively would be a huge boost

those 2 lines wont happen I cant see larkin making it yet he needs to be in ahl and dominate a year there only call up from injuries it will be like this' helm needs to center so does glen if franzen cant play go for a trade or sign semin or beleskey

abby z goose

tats shehan jurco

franzen helm pulk

miller glen andy

Edited by sjr2012