• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
marcaractac

Datsyuk Has Ankle Surgery

Rate this topic

We've consistently had more success as a team splitting up Z and D. I don't understand why everyone is so adamant about keeping them together

Not during their entire tenure. And most of the reason for that is because we've havent had a legitamate center. Keeping them together gives our young centers (Sheahan) a chance to be top 2 center. Having Z center his own line not only has been a detriment to his overall play down the course of a season but it doesn't give one of the younger centers a chance to take top 2 role.

The youngsters need to continue taking on bigger roles. Pav will most likely be gone in only a couple of years. We need to be ready for it.

those 2 lines wont happen I cant see larkin making it yet he needs to be in ahl and dominate a year there only call up from injuries it will be like this' helm needs to center so does glen if franzen cant play go for a trade or sign semin or beleskey

abby z goose

tats shehan jurco

franzen helm pulk

miller glen andy

I think this is better, except just put Ferraro on the 4th line instead of Andersson. Gives it a bit more speed and physicality.

Datsyuk is still superb, up there, in his mind. I still watch some of his deke's from the early years just when he's practicing, so special to see. The range of motion, speed and control is almost superhuman.

To spice it up, I watch some games when 2 guys are shadowing him without approaching, fearing they'll get dazzled out. Looks ridiculous.

However have to break it to you, he will never be the same again. He will show flashes, initially, and when it really matters. And in those moments he will be unique, and that might be enough, whatever the task might be.

He has been to injured.. What I'm trying to get at is that someone that is so good as Datsyuk but hobbled by injury could play elite level all the time. But he'd pay the price in form of injuries. It's inevitable at this stage for him.

So what do these masters do? They pick their spots. Be it overtime, a game 7. Add some luck, and there we the redwings go.

Lots of moves he's made, but this one is special to me. Wonder how many could ever make this. 2, 3?

Edited by Jacksoni

Bump,

The schedule looks pretty decently easy for the Red Wings the first month and a half of so. So even if they don't have Datsyuk until November, there should be no excuse as to not being top 4 in the conference imo.

Toughest games will be Lightning and Senators I feel like.

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm?&season=20092008

Edited by kickazz

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detroit-nhl/bdangelo/red-wings-datsyuk-will-miss-beginning-of-season/40743/

I assume no one here is surprised to see this news. The good thing is, Nyquist seems to shine when Pasha is out, so here's hoping.

Common sense indicated he would have been out but there were hopefuls thinking he would be ready from day 1. We will be fine without him, surgery recovery is more important. I hope to see him by November-ish but it could be as late as December.

As much as we obviously always want pav in the lineup, he has seemed to tire out/play injured toward the end of seasons recently.. of course that'll happen with age but a shortened season for him could be a blessing in disguise. I'm thinking Kenny knew it could be worse than reported when signing Richards. We'll need him and a couple others to step up early this coming season.

This isn't any worse than earlier reported is it? I thought the early reports were that he likely wouldn't be game ready until November. Doesn't sound like the timeline has really changed from that. However, it is a big guessing game this far out.

Ok - dumb question here...

Did Dats have his surgery here in the States, or over in Russia?

I'm guessing Russia - which is where he's also doing his rehab...Is anyone else (Red Wings medical, and training staff) a bit concerned about this?

EDIT - found a report on TSN that he had surgery in Charlotte...Will most likely do extensive therapy here in the States later.

EDIT part 2 - it's also his birthday today...Happy 37th B-Day Dats!

Im not concerned. This is the 21st century where modern medicine has made advances all over the world. It was kind of embarassing that Gordie Howe had to get his stem cell therapy in Mexico rather than the U.S.

For the record Russian physcians are VERY good. But in any case if I had to guess I'd say he did his surgery here before he took off to his hometown

Edited by kickazz

Im not concerned. This is the 21st century where modern medicine has made advances all over the world. It was kind of embarassing that Gordie Howe had to get his stem cell therapy in Mexico rather than the U.S.

For the record Russian physcians are VERY good. But in any case if I had to guess I'd say he did his surgery here before he took off to his hometown

I thought he was already home when they called him back for his surgery?

Hence why it was done so late...

Honestly. Its hard to follow the stuff involving Russia, because the translations never seem to make full sense. I read one where it said something about leaches, which I didn't know was still a thing.

The Richards signing makes this situation a lot less worrying. Still a very deep team up front without Dats. The team will remain competitive without him, will just be that much better when he returns.

I think I know Hollands big season pick up!!

I wish all the best to Dats getting better! How cool will it be IF Richards and Z gel together like cake and butter and it allows, when he comes back, Datsyuk to stick with Abby and have Tatar the scoring machine on his wing!

Do you think Blash will have Z at center on a different line or together with Richards?

I certainly hope that Dats getting healthy is NOT Hollands big acquisition...the deadline can be so good this season with Howard available! :P:ninja: