No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

HHOF #5 Lidstrom head of 2015 class

Rate this topic

Never any doubt.

*wipes tear*

Edit:

@Bill_Roose: #RedWings Lidstrom hopes Fedorov is part of '15 hall class: It would be special if Sergei and I go into the Hall at the same time for sure!

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Osgood lol

Bit off topic ... Just read both of lidstrom's kids are coming to camp and are 21 and 19 ... Anyone think were gonna sign one or both of them? Guessing since they weren't drafted yet they basically got no nhl futures to help the wings :(

Still a 15 yr old so playing as well so some hope

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=57339

Link to the 19 yr old and on top you can click on the other brothers

Apparently that d-bag Pronger is also a shoe-in.

Technically - isn't he still under contract, and wasn't his rights just traded away to the Coyotes?

If the HOF looks the other way on this - well they lost alot of respect from me.

EDIT - then again - it would be no surprise since Pronger has gotten away with crap for his entire career.

Why wouldn't Pronger be in the HOF? He's one of the best players of his generation. I don't see them looking the other way because of some lame salary cap loophole the idiotic NHL has created. Pronger isn't the mastermind behind the league's idiocy.

Sergei!!!

EDIT - f**K Pronger!

Pronger shouldn't be in this class since he's still collecting $$$ from his contract which was just traded to the Coyotes.

Personally - I think Pronger is a d-bag.

Of course he's a d-bag, but that doesn't determine HOF voting. Unless this is the WWE Hall of Fame, and your name rhymes with Benoit.

The NHL runs the Coyotes, so maybe they can explain why this was allowed to happen.

I read an article on TSN mentioning Osgood. How cool would it be to have Lidstrom, Fedorov, and Osgood all in the same year! I doubt he will, but one can hope!

Would also be cool if Fedorov and Sergei Makarov make it in together, but that probably won't happen. Makarov's reputation has grown over time, but he still hasn't gotten in. Recently, on the history section of HF boards, he was voted the 6th best winger in hockey history. His NHL career wasn't long, but it's the HHOF. He should be in.

If I were voting, I'd have Lidstrom, Makarov, Fedorov, Pronger and Lindros all get in this season.

Even though I made my feeling clear about Pronger - at least Lids, and Feds will join the HOF together (happy to see Housley as well).

Look at it this way. Once again, as throughout his career, Pronger will be overshadowed by Lidstrom, who will headline the class.

What was that quote Bing Crosby had about Sinatra?

Edited by GMRwings1983

Why wouldn't Pronger be in the HOF? He's one of the best players of his generation. I don't see them looking the other way because of some lame salary cap loophole the idiotic NHL has created. Pronger isn't the mastermind behind the league's idiocy.

Because you are eligible 3 years after you retire. Pronger is not retired, therefore he is not eligible. Not sure how they're working that out.

This brings the anguish flooding back, how much I miss them both! :( So very well deserved, for both of our former Wings.

The HHOF can thank the Red Wings for single-handedly making the wall of profiles so much more handsome and easy to look at. You are welcome, NHL fans. :closedeyes:

I think it's great that Fedorov gets inducted to the HoF he clearly deserves it. And I think his greatness should conclude here, as in he should not have his number retired at the Joe.

As to Lidström, there is nothing to say. He belonged amongst those guys even when he was active. He's just 'coming home'.