• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Holland doesn't expect to be busy this offseason

Rate this topic

Kick tires. Explored market. Prices too high. Too much term. We like our kids. Getting Franzen back is like signing a free agent. Pav returning in November is like making a trade. Any free agent signing has to make sense. It has to be the right fit. We're going with our younger players. We need them to take another step.

Kick tires. Explored market. Prices too high. Too much term. We like our kids. Getting Franzen back is like signing a free agent. Pav returning in November is like making a trade. Any free agent signing has to make sense. It has to be the right fit. We're going with our younger players. We need them to take another step.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/76584-favorite-ken-holland-catchphrase-quote/

KenHolland-golf.jpg

Taken yesterday...

Need to photoshop a hockey stick in his hand

Not surprised one bit, but still disappointing. Standing pat when making first round exits is not okay. All other teams are constantly aiming to improve any way they can. Wings have more prospects than they can keep, why not use some to bring in a quality player? More teams are passing the Wings up because they're willing to take chances and make moves. At least find someone to dump Weiss on. I'd even be happy with that and clearing space.

Don't know if Boston is aiming to become better

This is by far the worst UFA class in a while. Everyone's going to get overpaid. This is a year that most teams should be conservative with signings, but someone will take a chance. I'll be fine if that isn't us.

Imagine a Wings team loaded with cheap young talented players a few years down the road, but too hamstrung with Weiss and Green type contracts to make constructive additions and make a cup run.

This. Look at how Weiss gets killed here. Living close to the DC market, Green is routinely killed here by fans for his defensive lapses. He's going to get 7mil+ for 5 years at least. I'm quite alright seeing what the young defensemen in the system have to offer.

I think if holland signed anyone people on here would be complaining about it. There's nobody in this UFA class that is worth overpaying for. I would love to have green but he's going to get paid way too much and that kind of overpayment wouldn't be worth throwing a wrench in the development of our prospects. At least one of those guys (ouellette, marchenko, sproul, Jensen) needs to get significant playing time next year

I think if holland signed anyone people on here would be complaining about it. There's nobody in this UFA class that is worth overpaying for. I would love to have green but he's going to get paid way too much and that kind of overpayment wouldn't be worth throwing a wrench in the development of our prospects. At least one of those guys (ouellette, marchenko, sproul, Jensen) needs to get significant playing time next year

no I wouldn't complain im all for improving this team in anyway im not saying sign to sign but I still think Green or Franson is a better option than Kindl or BIG E if there is a risk to take I would try to trade Big E and waive Kindl id sign Franson and possibly Belesky for that Forward we could use team could be like this

Z Dats Abby

Goose Shehan Tats

Beleskey Weiss Pulks

Miller Helm Glendening

Jurco Andy

Kronwall Franson

Smith DD

Marchenko Q

Oullete

LTIR Franzen

Edited by sjr2012

There's maybe not even anyone worth underpaying. Just adds to the logjam and depending on how Datsyuk and Zetterberg go, we could still be a worse team next year.

I'm all for some trades, and if we were to move a few people out it could make room for a UFA or two. But I hope Holland isn't feeling any pressure to sign someone just to appease the fans or upper management.

no I wouldn't complain im all for improving this team in anyway im not saying sign to sign but I still think Green or Franson is a better option than Kindl or BIG E if there is a risk to take I would try to trade Big E and waive Kindl id sign Franson and possibly Belesky for that Forward we could use team could be like this

Z Dats Abby

Goose Shehan Tats

Beleskey Weiss Pulks

Miller Glen Jurco

Kronwall Franson

Smith DD

Marchenko Q

Oullete

LTIR Franzen

Did Leftwinger convince you to trade Helm?

Edited by rick zombo

Z Dats Abby

Goose Shehan Tats

Beleskey Weiss Pulks

Miller Glen Jurco

Kronwall Franson

Smith DD

Marchenko Q

Oullete

LTIR Franzen

If any D gets traded it'll be kindl or smith but I really don't see either of those trades happening. Would be great to see kindl traded though. I don't think Beleskey will be worth the amount of money or term he'll inevitably get.

The trade options at forward are far more intriguing than the UFA options but I'm not holding my breath for any trades and I won't be upset if we stand pat

We've had a glut of young forwards for years that never seem to be weeded out correctly and in need of Defensive help that has been met with every damn excuse in the book. Trades were too steep, market is really bare, the kids need playing time, Cleary is needed for leadership, Franzen looks to be healthy this year. Its really amazing, I wonder how many decades Holland can claim he's rebuilding and it just takes time. Actually with this ploy he's better off just keeping talent in Grand Rapids winning meaningless

games and titles there so he can claim we are only a year away. I think Babcock got it right with this idiot.

Z Dats Abby

Goose Shehan Tats

Beleskey Weiss Pulks

Miller Glen Jurco

Kronwall Franson

Smith DD

Marchenko Q

Oullete

LTIR Franzen

Beleskey turned down 4m/yr from Anaheim, I wouldn't sign him for 3.

We've had a glut of young forwards for years that never seem to be weeded out correctly and in need of Defensive help that has been met with every damn excuse in the book. Trades were too steep, market is really bare, the kids need playing time, Cleary is needed for leadership, Franzen looks to be healthy this year. Its really amazing, I wonder how many decades Holland can claim he's rebuilding and it just takes time. Actually with this ploy he's better off just keeping talent in Grand Rapids winning meaningless

games and titles there so he can claim we are only a year away. I think Babcock got it right with this idiot.

Why are you so angry?

And the only "excuse" that isn't a good one is the cleary one, and even that ones shaky since no fan knows the extent of his leadership, and he barely played last season anyway, so you're reaching for straws here.

the crazy thing is Dats injury will open up a spot and depending on how long his gone and what itw ill take for him to be back 100% it will be good to keep Weiss but if we don't trade or nab someone who plays number 1 Weiss or Z?

Edited by sjr2012

the crazy thing is Dats injury will open up a spot and depending on how long his gone and what itw ill take for him to be back 100% it will be good to keep Weiss but if we don't trade or nab someone who plays number 1 Weiss or Z?

Quite easily z.

If Weiss even starts at c, he will be on the third line... but I expect him to remain on the wing, and either have helm center the third, or if they're serious about giving Larkin a real chance to make the team, I see him as the 3c and helm and Weiss both still on the wing.

Quite easily z.

If Weiss even starts at c, he will be on the third line... but I expect him to remain on the wing, and either have helm center the third, or if they're serious about giving Larkin a real chance to make the team, I see him as the 3c and helm and Weiss both still on the wing.

for sure z on the first makes sense but I don't see larkin making it to the nhl next year if the mule is back sadly taken up space than it will be like this

Goose Z Abby

Franzen Shehan Tats

Weiss Helm Jurco

Miller glendening Andy

a hat trick of floating

Edited by sjr2012

for sure z on the first makes sense but I don't see larkin making it to the nhl next year if the mule is back sadly taken up space than it will be like this

Goose Z Abby

Franzen Shehan Tats

Weiss Helm Jurco

Miller glendening Andy

a hat trick of floating

If that's the case, Andy will be in the press box(or hopefully waived and in grand rapids) and Ferraro will take his spot.

With dats out, I could see dylark getting a pretty decent chance just because we'll need a center with more offensive capabilities in the lineup.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter