• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

P. Marlowe

Mike Richard's Contract Terminated (Not Bought Out)

Rate this topic

Not with illicit drugs no...

Face it, he probably did something that's usually a slap on the wrist but the LA Kings used it as an opportunity to terminate the contract. Works out perfectly for them.

It's definitely opportunistic by the Kings, and if the rumors are true about Richards I'm guessing Lombardi is extra pissed after having a heart to heart with Richards last year and giving him another chance to get it together instead of using the buyout.

Not with illicit drugs no...

Face it, he probably did something that's usually a slap on the wrist but the LA Kings used it as an opportunity to terminate the contract. Works out perfectly for them.

Once one is caught with illegal drugs at the border, US ICE officials typically refuse to admit such a person to the US in the future and they don't need a formal reason, such as a criminal conviction, to refuse entry.

Edited by sibiriak

Once one is caught with illegal drugs at the border, US ICE officials typically refuse to admit such a person to the US in the future and they don't need a formal reason, such as a criminal conviction, to refuse entry.

Do we know if he's currently in the states

Leave it to TMZ to have the latest scoop in even hockey news: Oxycodone at the border folks:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/30/nhls-mike-richards-nhl-notified-about-oxycodone-drama-at-canadian-border/

Putting everything into perspective, this is no joke of a drug, and chances are he's an addict. If anyone saw the documentary with Chris Nilan or read about Boogard, looks like another player needs help, seems Oxy is the how they all start.

At this point, all I ask, as a fan and a human, is that he gets some help, because he's on a highway to hell with this junk.

God forbid LA does the human thing and gets the guy help, instead of using Richards problem as an excuse to save a few dollars.

Lol. You can keep your swill

We'll keep it, but you can't force us to drink it.

Oxycodones are nice....I took them while recuperating from a serious injury a few years ago. They made me feel so good that I pitched them after a week even though the pain was still excruciating. I know how to deal with pain...no idea how to deal with being an addict and I could see a really high potential for addiction to Oxycodone

Winnipeg Sun says Richards was ARRESTED at the border.

Paul FriesenVerified account
‏@friesensunmedia
Source says Mike Richards was formally arrested at border crossing, not merely detained for questioning. Investigation now at two-week mark.

Looks like he was arrested on border, going INTO Canada with oxycotin pills. He didnt have prescription for it so cud be charged with smuggling.

Alleged

Edited by kickazz

Oxycodones are nice....I took them while recuperating from a serious injury a few years ago. They made me feel so good that I pitched them after a week even though the pain was still excruciating. I know how to deal with pain...no idea how to deal with being an addict and I could see a really high potential for addiction to Oxycodone

I only took them for three days after shattering my wrist in 2001 (blew the tip of the radius into four pieces) because I was afraid of getting hooked on them. Oxycodones are heavy duty stuff and not to be messed with.

Looks like he was arrested on border, going INTO Canada with oxycotin pills. He didnt have prescription for it so cud be charged with smuggling.

Alleged

Whichever side of the border he ended up at (and if he was arrested by the mounties, he must have been in Canada) he will not be able to travel to and from United States. Which is a significant hardship for an NHL player. So that would probably be the basis for Kings' terminating his contract, since he can't travel normally with the team. Convinient for them, but probably justified, so the NHLPA may not be able to reverse the contract termination.

Not a bad time to file a grievance on a suspected wife beater when the NHL is dealing with a suspect rape case.

"We'll just put this right there and slowly back away..." NHLPA lawyers...

Voynov is the one who was convicted of beating his wife, Richards supposedly got caught with oxycodone at the Canadian/u.s. border.

Unless there's something I'm missing.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhlpa-files-grievance-on-behalf-of-mike-richards/

The nhlpa has filed a request for an expedited hearing appealing the contract termination.

I read a story at work today where the NHLPA was gathering evidence and needed time to conduct an internal investigation before coming to a decision. I guess their decision was to appeal. This tells me the NHLPA did their due diligence and they feel they have a good case. I hope the Kings have their ducks in a row.

I think the Kings may have a hard time with this considering Richards is just under investigation. My apologies if I am wrong, but he hasnt been charged yet....right? If there was a charge or especially a conviction, I could see this happening without an appeal, but to cancel a contact based on an investigation, that seems like a slippery slope.

sources claim police found “some pills in a single bottle” during a search, adding that “it was clearly intended for his personal use.”

Today, Manitoba RCMP confirmed that on June 17, Richards was involved in an incident at the Emerson Border Crossing that eventually led to his arrest (on August 25). Per ESPN, Kings GM Dean Lombardi reportedly told some GMs of the Richards situation at the NHL Entry Draft, which was held in Florida on June 26-27.

Two days after the draft, Los Angeles terminated Richards’ contract.

As for the next steps, Richards will now appear in Provincial Court on Sept. 10 and, though he was charged earlier this week, still needs to enter a plea.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/27/breaking-mike-richards-charged-with-possession-of-controlled-substance/

This is probably the only time I'm ever going to active back the NHLPA. Not because I care about the sanctity of the contract, or because I want to see the organization stymied. But because I can't bear to see the end of Richards' and Carter's epic bromance.

C'mon Lombardi, lets put the band back together eh?