• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Alexander semin being bought out

Rate this topic

As much as we need a defenseman, I wouldn't necessarily be happy to get one at the cost of losing Pulkkinen.

It's pretty clear that Kenny is following the Tampa model - get a ton of young, homegrown, cost-controlled stud forwards and flat-out overwhelm the opposition with your superior scoring depth. All Pulkkinen has done, at every level, is score, score, score, and there's really no reason to believe he won't do the same at the NHL level. He could be another Nyquist or Tatar. Maybe not quite as dynamic as either of those two, but, by all indications, very much capable of giving us a couple 25-goal seasons as an RFA. As much as I love Byfuglien and would love to see us add him, would it truly be worth losing Pulkkinen? What if Datsyuk breaks his leg right before the playoffs, we get bounced in the first round, and Byfuglien signs elsewhere in the summer? It's a tough call. Having Semin on board might make it an easier call, though.

We didn't take him the first time on a 1 year deal, why would we take him now.

Because we struggle mightily to score at even strength.

We need defensemen before forwards, unless you are trading Nyquist / Tatar for a dman.

Defense is the priority, but it doesn't mean it has to be addressed first. We could sign Semin and then we'd have until the trade deadline to land a defenseman.

Neither Tatar, nor Nyquist, will ever get traded off this team. Especially not to "give Pulkkinen a bigger role". You can pretty much take that to the bank. You don't trade proven NHL talent and assume the risk on unproven talent if you're in a position of strength (i.e. you're the one with the talent). You make the other team assume the risk. IF one were going to be traded, it would be Pulkkinen. But I doubt any of the three get moved.

I was only saying that I would sign Semin and trade Pulkkinen as part of a package for a higher end d-man, because I think Pulkkinen will only be mediocre in the NHL.

If we don't trade one of Tatar/nyquist than the return we'll get back won't be nothing to write home about ... You said it pulkkinen hasn't proven anything so the return will be worthless unless your willing to toss in a top prospect which I'm not

he forgot to mention that they were all one year deals, mostly for no money. A team needing to get to the floor might toss money at him hoping he plays well and they can trade him at the deadline, but no GM in his right mind would give him more than a year at any kind of salary.

Abdlekader - Datsyuk - Semin

Zetterberg - Sheahan - Nyquist

Tatar - Helm - Franzen

Miller- Glendenning - Jurco

Pulkinnen

Ferraro

Weiss

Unless Holland's seriously planning on making a trade, that's too many forwards.

I would buy out Weiss

Recently on Hockey Central an ex GM said that Semin "has no soul." .Do we really want that guy on the Wings? Semin has always been all talent and no heart.

Red Wings is an organization that can mold players really well. Not too worried about the no soul thing.

If Holland did kick the tires on Semin, then no way should Cleary be signed or Franzen take a spot up UNLESS he is 200% healthy, not even 100% Franzen is worth gambling on. But even without those two, we still need a spot or Pulkkinen and Ferraro/Callahan. There just isn't enough room to sign a UFA. With the wasting of Smith, tomorrow promises to be very boring for Detroit fans...

If Holland did kick the tires on Semin, then no way should Cleary be signed or Franzen take a spot up UNLESS he is 200% healthy, not even 100% Franzen is worth gambling on. But even without those two, we still need a spot or Pulkkinen and Ferraro/Callahan. There just isn't enough room to sign a UFA. With the wasting of Smith, tomorrow promises to be very boring for Detroit fans...

tumblr_lmz3u5KrjU1qkae66o1_1280.jpg

he forgot to mention that they were all one year deals, mostly for no money. A team needing to get to the floor might toss money at him hoping he plays well and they can trade him at the deadline, but no GM in his right mind would give him more than a year at any kind of salary.

Yeah I think that's basically implied at this point.. whether he gets 30+ goals next year, who knows. But he damn well will get more than six :P

Soooooo....Boston then on a three year deal?