• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Crashnburnluder

Weiss bought out (confirmed)

Rate this topic

As much as Weiss was a bust here, Babcock didn't do him any favors by burying him. Weiss would have stretches of solid play, then somehow wind up in the 4th line, RW position. I can get behind the idea that Weiss being put on the wing was the give him less responsibility, but when he put up some points, he was rewarded with a demotion.

Always got the vibe that Babcock didn't like the way Weiss competed (didn't compete) for the puck. Cared more about how the player played, and not the result of his play. Same with Kindl, IMO.

Edited by Jesusberg

I recall Weiss, Alfie, and Clarkson as the big three that year.

Here's the 2013 Free Agent Signing List.

Horton was a pretty big deal at that time, no?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=676665

EDIT: You gotta scroll down to the bottom to see the first signings on July 5

Edited by e_prime

And Lecavallier. Which is why I'm fine with standing pat this year.

Wasn't he considered washed up by many at that point already? Looking back at that UFA class, Alfie was decent, Weiss was bad, and Clarkson was Milbury as a GM bad with Lecavalier somewhere between Weiss and Clarkson.

Here's the 2013 Free Agent Signing List.

Horton was a pretty big deal at that time, no?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=676665

EDIT: You gotta scroll down to the bottom to see the first signings on July 5

He'd already had the back issues with Boston, so I was shocked that the BJ's didn't have his contract insured (or maybe that's why it wasn't, the insurance company wouldn't cover it). He seemed like a bigger risk due to it IMHO. Edited by TheXym

I wonder if Weiss will get signed by someone else today? That'll be an interested sub-plot.

There's teams out there with big holes at the center position and it could be likely that he'll sign for very little.

Buyouts have been very good to him.

There's teams out there with big holes at the center position and it could be likely that he'll sign for very little.

Buyouts have been very good to him.

Arizona? They're terrible and probably looking to spend as little as humanly possible to ice a complete roster. They're also weak up the middle.

If it is true that Babs pushed hard for Weiss, that's all the more reason you don't give him the GM role on top of coaching. There should be a way that Babs eat some of Weiss salary cap.

Having said that, it is a pattern, so many hot free agents turn out to be such a bust and get bought out. Word to the wise, don't get caught up with the frenzy.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Agreed. And I don't think they will for at least a little while.. Panthers I could see talking Weiss back for a couple seasons, he had a decent amount of success there.

No matter where he ends up, Weiss is lucky he got bought out this off season instead of next.. obviously a lot of them will get re-signed by their teams before then but next year's free agency class should be much better than this year's scrap heap

As much as Weiss was a bust here, Babcock didn't do him any favors by burying him. Weiss would have stretches of solid play, then somehow wind up in the 4th line, RW position. I can get behind the idea that Weiss being put on the wing was the give him less responsibility, but when he put up some points, he was rewarded with a demotion.

Always got the vibe that Babcock didn't like the way Weiss competed (didn't compete) for the puck. Cared more about how the player played, and not the result of his play. Same with Kindl, IMO.

Babcock buried Weiss harder than the WWE buried Diamond Dallas Page.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Babcock buried Weiss like the WWE buried Jack Swagger.

Babcock buried Weiss harder than the WWE buried Diamond Dallas Page.

I have no idea why they moved Swagger and Cesaro out of the Real Americans gimmick.

DDP. meh.