• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bannedforlife

Saad traded to Columbus

Rate this topic

TSN report: Saad, a restricted free agent, was reportedly asking for a deal in the $6.5 million per year range after helping the Blackhawks to their second Stanley Cup in his third NHL season.

After this quote from Bowman:

"We'll work that out. I have a lot of confidence that Brandon will be a big part of our group for many years to come," Bowman said. "We'll make it work. Those things aren't of a concern to me."

I guess this is the bad part of having a young winning team. They want their big contract faster instead of a "bridge" deal.

No they won't lol they don't have enough center depth... They will make the playoffs probably won't get past 1st round

You have no idea what you're talking about (again)....the main issue with Columbus is quality defensemen who can stay healthy. Their forward lines are stacked and Bob is good enough to win in the playoffs.

Callers in Chicago were clueless today saying Saad asking for too much instead of giving hometown discount now has to play with bad players. SMH. Johannsen, Foligno, Hartnell? Trash players according to the Hawks super fans.

Chicago is far from being a looser in this trade. It seems people have to clue who Marco Dano is. Tatar is the best comparison I can come up with but Dano is bigger and better overall. Plus, they got Anisimov.

Jenner, Johanson, Johnson, Saad not bad not bad at all. If the Blue Jackets can stay healthy watch out.

It still amazes me how GMs are expecting hometown discounts like it's the usual thing to do. Why should a player sign for less? As a thank you they'll get a lockout every x years or when they are well into their 30s how can we get rid of you fast enough. So it's great to see players in their 20s finally getting their paydays before UFA

Edited by frankgrimes