• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bannedforlife

Saad traded to Columbus

Rate this topic

I guess anything can happen after that contract Ryan O'Reilly got. The money is irrelevant to my point though. What if Nyquist wanted 10 million/year? My point is that always taking the side of a player regardless of the facts is ridicoulas.

Ha.

The Ryan O'Reilly thing was why I said it.

Its absurd.

Were heading towards another lockout.

Ha.

The Ryan O'Reilly thing was why I said it.

Its absurd.

Were heading towards another lockout.

That was the point I was making. Although the fault lies on the gms shoulders as well for offering the contracts but the agents are pushing the players to ask for more and more and more and they are getting way too much money now

1. Nyquist is not a center

2. Nyquist is not Patrick Kane

3. If a team was willing to offer whatever amount of money than this is his market value, period. At this point the Wings would have 2 options match it or let him go

These stupid lockouts will continue till the players are finally fed up with it and decertify, so owners are free to spend whatever they want. Players are making to much money ? *lol* compared to the thugs and showboaters of others sports they aren't making nearly enough...NHL players are the most humble down to earth guys, they are excellent athletes in more than one aspect (skaing, hand-eye coordination, stick-handling)...why shouldn't they make as much as they want and why shouldn't ownersbe allowed to spend whatever ? If a team is willing to have a 300 million roster why not, if others don't want to spend more than 20 million on their roster fine, but they don't cry fool because you can't get the best players and only ice a better AHL team.

There was a time when I thought about hearing both sides but after the last lockout, nope not interested in that crap anymore especially since they are still employing guys responsible for 3 !! of them.

Nyquist can ask for whatever term and aav he wants, if Holland doesn't pay him that he will sign somewhere else simple as that and I will for sure not hold any ill-will against him or any other player for trying to cash in while they can, it's simple market and demand.

Look at some of the UFAs who are still outthere, they overpriced themselves and now they are waiting for calls which is _ again _ supply and demand.

Wheter people think Saad is worth such a contract at this age or not is irrelevant, Columbus thought he was worth it so they've signed him. Players can still sign bridge deals but they don't have to and it will less and less comon that upcoming or at least close to upcoming stars are going to sign such deals.

Edited by frankgrimes

1. Nyquist is not a center

2. Nyquist is not Patrick Kane

3. If a team was willing to offer whatever amount of money than this is his market value, period. At this point the Wings would have 2 options match it or let him go

These stupid lockouts will continue till the players are finally fed up with it and decertify, so owners are free to spend whatever they want. Players are making to much money ? *lol* compared to the thugs and showboaters of others sports they aren't making nearly enough...NHL players are the most humble down to earth guys, they are excellent athletes in more than one aspect (skaing, hand-eye coordination, stick-handling)...why shouldn't they make as much as they want and why shouldn't ownersbe allowed to spend whatever ? If a team is willing to have a 300 million roster why not, if others don't want to spend more than 20 million on their roster fine, but they don't cry fool because you can't get the best players and only ice a better AHL team.

There was a time when I thought about hearing both sides but after the last lockout, nope not interested in that crap anymore especially since they are still employing guys responsible for 3 !! of them.

Nyquist can ask for whatever term and aav he wants, if Holland doesn't pay him that he will sign somewhere else simple as that and I will for sure not hold any ill-will against him or any other player for trying to cash in while they can, it's simple market and demand.

Look at some of the UFAs who are still outthere, they overpriced themselves and now they are waiting for calls which is _ again _ supply and demand.

Wheter people think Saad is worth such a contract at this age or not is irrelevant, Columbus thought he was worth it so they've signed him. Players can still sign bridge deals but they don't have to and it will less and less comon that upcoming or at least close to upcoming stars are going to sign such deals.

NHL players make less then players in other sports because the NHL brings in less revenue then sports such as the NBA, NFL, and MLB. I'ts not about what sport you or I like, or about what sport takes more athleticism to play. Hockey is my favourite sport in the world, but that's irrelevant.

You seemed to have missed my point. My point is that just taking the players side because its a player is as ridicoulas as just taking an owners side just because its an owner. If a player is asking for a ridicoulas amount of money, you cant fault the fans for being upset with the player.

See I think it's irrelevant how much the league itself is bringing in, there are lot of franchises doing well so why not spend it? Leagues need super or real dynasty teams to get fans interested in the sport.

I'm not that emotionally attached to players, owners so it don't care if a player is asking for what he seems use fair. Heck Nyquist could ask for the moon like 11 over 8 and I still wouldn't be upset. Do I think a team would pay him that? Hardly but I just don't care enough to be upset about stuff like that. It's the same with Saad he asked fire a fair amount of money, Bowman said no and both sides moved on. And it will be the same with Nyquist.

I mean the avalanche fans are mad at ROR although Sakic didn't offer him enough they should be mad at him. The reason why I can't side with the owners is simple: they aren't interested in a partnership with the players, they want to pay as less as possible and still get all the talent in the world...it didn't work that way and thankfully our owner isn't like that and I guess we all know how our roster would look without the limitations that are unfairly put on him.

Like it or not but I guess Nyquist and Danny D are going to be our own Hamilton and Saad like situation and Holland better be prepared for it in terms of salary.

Again players do have a limited amount of time to make money for a life time and some injuries can really derail or even cut that amount of time short. Also show me one person which would say no to a better deal just because of being fair? Especially after their employers have kept a team responsible for failed expansion, 3 lockouts and basically making the life of a GM too complicated while also killing trade dead line and ufa excitement.

Edited by frankgrimes

See I think it's irrelevant how much the league itself is bringing in, there are lot of franchises doing well so why not spend it? Leagues need super or real dynasty teams to get fans interested in the sport.

I'm not that emotionally attached to players, owners so it don't care if a player is asking for what he seems use fair. Heck Nyquist could ask for the moon like 11 over 8 and I still wouldn't be upset. Do I think a team would pay him that? Hardly but I just don't care enough to be upset about stuff like that. It's the same with Saad he asked fire a fair amount of money, Bowman said no and both sides moved on. And it will be the same with Nyquist.

I mean the avalanche fans are mad at ROR although Sakic didn't offer him enough you they should be mad at him. The reason why I can't side with the owners is simple: they aren't interested in a partnership with the players, they want to pay as less as possible and still get all the talent in the world...it didn't work that way and thankfully or owner isn't like that and I guess we all know how our roster would look without the limitations that are unfairly put on him.

Like it or not but I guess Nyquist and Danny D are going to be our own Hamilton and Saad like situation and Holland better be prepared for it in terms of salary

The reason I can't side with the players is simple: they aren't interested in a partnership with the owners, they want to make the most possible and still not get traded or bought out.

This thread is starting to make me feel stupid.

I mean the avalanche fans are mad at ROR although Sakic didn't offer him enough they should be mad at him. The reason why I can't side with the owners is simple: they aren't interested in a partnership with the players, they want to pay as less as possible and still get all the talent in the world...it didn't work that way and thankfully our owner isn't like that and I guess we all know how our roster would look without the limitations that are unfairly put on him.

Like it or not but I guess Nyquist and Danny D are going to be our own Hamilton and Saad like situation and Holland better be prepared for it in terms of salary.

Again players do have a limited amount of time to make money for a life time and some injuries can really derail or even cut that amount of time short. Also show me one person which would say no to a better deal just because of being fair? Especially after their employers have kept a team responsible for failed expansion, 3 lockouts and basically making the life of a GM too complicated while also killing trade dead line and ufa excitement.

Its not irrelevant how much revenue the league is bringing in, especially in a system where player salaries are literally connected to it.

Colorado fans have every right to be upset with Ryan O'Reilly. How is it different then fans in Detroit being upset with Fedorov back in 2003? When you are a fan of a team and you spend your hard earned money on that team, you want to see players doing their best to help that team win. When you see a player who is more interested in making as much money as possible and doesn't care about helping the team they are playing for ice the best roster possible, it irritates the fans. Its one thing if the player is truly one of the best players in the world, but in the case of O'Reilly it just comes across as greed and a false sense of entitlement. Now don't get me wrong, O'Reilly has every right to want what he wants, but he can't expect the fans to be happy with him. Just as O'Reilly has the right to do what he wants, the fans have a right to not be happy with him.

Personally I respect guys who have a team first mentality (ie. Lidstrom, Datsyuk etc.)

Its not irrelevant how much revenue the league is bringing in, especially in a system where player salaries are literally connected to it.

Colorado fans have every right to be upset with Ryan O'Reilly. How is it different then fans in Detroit being upset with Fedorov back in 2003? When you are a fan of a team and you spend your hard earned money on that team, you want to see players doing their best to help that team win. When you see a player who is more interested in making as much money as possible and doesn't care about helping the team they are playing for ice the best roster possible, it irritates the fans. Its one thing if the player is truly one of the best players in the world, but in the case of O'Reilly it just comes across as greed and a false sense of entitlement. Now don't get me wrong, O'Reilly has every right to want what he wants, but he can't expect the fans to be happy with him. Just as O'Reilly has the right to do what he wants, the fans have a right to not be happy with him.

Personally I respect guys who have a team first mentality (ie. Lidstrom, Datsyuk etc.)

Pasha and Lidström had the luxury of playing before 2005 and make a ton of money in that time frame.

Players are faced with more and more limitations which should already be enough reason for them to desertify and then challenge the current system in court with a landslide win.

Fans can be upset all they want but it still has been Sakic who didn't want to pay him market money, that's why I think they should direct their anger to him and not ROR.

Also Kane and Toews signed similar deals to the one Saad just signed

Pasha and Lidström had the luxury of playing before 2005 and make a ton of money in that time frame.

Players are faced with more and more limitations which should already be enough reason for them to desertify and then challenge the current system in court with a landslide win.

Fans can be upset all they want but it still has been Sakic who didn't want to pay him market money, that's why I think they should direct their anger to him and not ROR.

Also Kane and Toews signed similar deals to the one Saad just signed

Frank, you are just wrong. Pavel never made "a ton" of money in hockey terms prior to 2005, Pavel Datsyuk made the following per year prior to 2005:

2001-02 - $700,000

2002-03 - $625,000

2003-04 - $1,500,000

I can keep going:

2005-06 - $3,900,000

2006-07 - $3,900,000

2007-08 - $6,700,000

2008-09 - $6,700,000

2009-10 - $6,700,000

2010-11 - $6,700,000

2011-12 - $6,700,000

2012-13 - $6,700,000

2013-14 - $6,700,000

Datsyuk is a team guy unlike Ryan O'Rielly. If you think 7.5 mil per year for 7 years is fair market value for him, that tells me you have no idea what fair market value is. I really do feel bad for Buffalo fans for having to be stuck with this horrible contract.

Edited by kliq