• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dominator2005

Red Wings sign D Mike Green (3-years, $18-million)

Rate this topic

Although I knew the Wings were pursuing Green I did not think he would come (but hoped he would very much).

Ken Holland, you have pulled a green rabbit out of your butt, good job sir. I've been critical of Holland lately, in fact just a few days ago ranted probably like everyone else, so to hear that Green took a term cut to play in Detroit surprised me.

Awesome.

A good signing. I know he can't play defense, but we have plenty of defensive minded defenseman. We just needed one person who can actually move the puck and shoot the puck well. Kronwall has regressed with his shooting.

Plus, Green is a right handed shot.

Another great aspect of this signing! Not only a perfect fit for what we need. But also finally a big time right handed shot at the point!

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings

Exactly. TSN had Green listed as THE top UFA. Maybe that will shut the media up for a bit about no one wanting to come to Detroit.

The media? I thought it was predominantly LGW trolls saying that? Isn't it always easier to justify Holland's ineptitude when you can say "durrrrrr he's out kicking tires while other guys are getting free agents"?

Green vs Zidlicky.

Yea I would take Green 100 times over. Zidlicky was invisible for the Wings in the playoffs, and we needed him the most to step up. Nothing wrong at all with this signing, unless of course you are a Holland hater.

Actually Zidlicky wasn't invisible, he could be seen giving away awful turnovers that directly led to goals against. Dude was good for 2-3 weeks and then was atrocious.

More Green on TSN: "I was willing to take a little bit less on term to go to a great organization that Im extremely excited to play for."

I thought people didn't do that for Detroit.

New Ken Holland quote coming soon "I don't know why green wanted to come here, no one under 30 ever comes here"

Sweet! I really didn't think this would happen. Great term! Saw much speculation that he would get a raise, but he actually took a little cut in this (minuscule, but still he definitely could have gotten more)

For those that say that we have too many Dmen, remember that Q only has 1 year remaining. I'm assuming Kindl is the odd man out and will be sent to GR or we could trade him if that's an option. Either way Kenny said 1 of young D men would be up (I assume Marchenko) and next year there's room for another (Jensen, Ouelette, Sproul will fight it out).

K-E

DK-Green

Q/Smith-Marchenko

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Great signing, this hopefully will give our team the much needed offensive power from the blueline. Sure, the 6 million in the books are a risk, but one worth taking. And our streak with bad UFA signings has to end at some point. As long as he doesn't pick #90 as his number I'm very optimistic Mike Green will help us a lot.

Great signing, this hopefully will give our team the much needed offensive power from the blueline. Sure, the 6 million in the books are a risk, but one worth taking. And our streak with bad UFA signings has to end at some point. As long as he doesn't pick #90 as his number I'm very optimistic Mike Green will help us a lot.

He does wear Ericsson's 52. I'm guessing he'll be 25. If he does, It'll be hard not thinking of McCarty.

Welcome to the Detroit Red Wings, Mike. You are now playing for the best franchise in the world!

This is a recording.

Over / Under on how many games Green lasts before becoming the LGW whipping boy for his defensive gaffes?

By my calculations.... 246 games exactly.