• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dominator2005

Red Wings sign D Mike Green (3-years, $18-million)

Rate this topic

Man I made an issue out of nothing with my comment.

I see McCarty, Probert, and Kocur in a class all their own, so 24, 25, and 26 will always remind me of them. (Probert and Chelios pretty much swapped jerseys.) That's it. It's not a personal attack on any players, I don't care what they do off the ice.

Who?

Emdog bro. Don't tell me u don't kno Emdog....

Drugs or not McCarty was still a great teammate on and off the ice. Stuck up for his mates and defended them. His number isnt all that special to me but credit is goven where it's deserved

Well, he did almost push Yzerman through a window on a high floor in a hotel one time

You and me on the same page here. Kopitar is one of my favorite non-wings player as well. Wish we could get him next year, he would fit right into our system. But you're right it does seem like they're making preparations to keep him.

I remember reading an article several years ago when Kopitar was asked if he could play with any NHLer not currently on his team, who would it be, and he answered Zetterberg.

I find it funny the people on the Wings facebook page complaining, did anybody have a problem when Emmerton wore #25 (with the actual number not the fact that Emmerton was actually on the ice)?

Should we start calling him Grendog now or does that have to wait till the season opener ?

Edited by derblaueClaus

Either retire a jersey or don't. I hate this middle ground of "we dont want to retire this number, but nobody else can use it". Unless you intend on retiring it, keep it in circulation.

The only exception IMO is Vladdy, very unique circumstance.

The wings have 7 numbers retired, with no one wearing 16 that's 8, the league retired #99, that's 10% of the possible numbers out of circulation.

Is there a contingency plan for when all single and double digit numbers have been retired?

I dont think they have to worry. The Wings have been around for as long as they have and and they only have 10% out. At that pace, in another 60 years they will be out 20%. That means they will still have 80 numbers left. Nothing that will effect the Wings in our life time. Plus, its harder and harder now to get your jersey retired.

The wings have 7 numbers retired, with no one wearing 16 that's 8, the league retired #99, that's 10% of the possible numbers out of circulation.

Is there a contingency plan for when all single and double digit numbers have been retired?

We'll all be long dead before any team hits 50 numbers retired, let alone all of em.

I dont think they have to worry. The Wings have been around for as long as they have and and they only have 10% out. At that pace, in another 60 years they will be out 20%. That means they will still have 80 numbers left. Nothing that will effect the Wings in our life time. Plus, its harder and harder now to get your jersey retired.

At the rate our posters here have been wanting all these jerseys retired we may run out in the next decade >.>

"Number 25 will always be McCarty"

At the rate our posters here have been wanting all these jerseys retired we may run out in the next decade >.>

"Number 25 will always be McCarty"

Ya that I find annoying. Nothing against Mac, I loved him as a player, but 25 should be available to anyone.

Ya that I find annoying. Nothing against Mac, I loved him as a player, but 25 should be available to anyone.

Agreed.

I can understand the sentimentality to an extent but it's just not practical. Then Datsyuk shouldn't be wearing Kozlov's 13. Smith shouldn't be wearing Fetisov/Fischer's #2, Abby shouldn't be wearing Larionov's 8. And no one should be wearing #4.