• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dominator2005

Red Wings sign D Mike Green (3-years, $18-million)

Rate this topic

Boy seems like no one on our forums feels comfortable letting any new players wear jerseys from the 90s.

Retire #30 , #91, #14, #25, #96, AND everyone's favorite Aaron Ward #27.

Edited by kickazz

Boy seems like no one on our forums feels comfortable letting any new players wear jerseys from the 90s.

Retire #30 , #91, #14, #25, #96, AND everyone's favorite Aaron Ward #27.

And 24...twice!

I wonder if Green and McCarty could have a "doin' coke and screwing up your career" competition to determine who has the right to wear the number?

I know little about Green, but I feel like McCarty wins that no problem.

I know little about Green, but I feel like McCarty wins that no problem.

That was the point. Green isn't a druggie piece of crap, so I don't really care if he wears 25. It's not like the guy guy typically associated with it was a class act or anything.

That was the point. Green isn't a druggie piece of crap, so I don't really care if he wears 25. It's not like the guy guy typically associated with it was a class act or anything.

Drugs or not McCarty was still a great teammate on and off the ice. Stuck up for his mates and defended them. His number isnt all that special to me but credit is goven where it's deserved

Drugs or not McCarty was still a great teammate on and off the ice. Stuck up for his mates and defended them. His number isnt all that special to me but credit is goven where it's deserved

Meh. Lots of druggies sucker punch other guys. Go to any pool hall in Detroit.

That game winning goal in overtime was pretty awesome though.

McCarty is probably #1 on my list of Red Wings I'd like to have a beer with

I HAVE had a beer with him. He used to regularly come into the main bar I frequented in college. You'd be disappointed. He's a wastoid. It would be like having drinks with Jake "The Snake" Roberts (i.e. better in theory than in fact).

Man I made an issue out of nothing with my comment.

I see McCarty, Probert, and Kocur in a class all their own, so 24, 25, and 26 will always remind me of them. (Probert and Chelios pretty much swapped jerseys.) That's it. It's not a personal attack on any players, I don't care what they do off the ice.

I find it funny the people on the Wings facebook page complaining, did anybody have a problem when Emmerton wore #25 (with the actual number not the fact that Emmerton was actually on the ice)?

Who?

Edited by WingsAlways