• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dominator2005

Red Wings sign D Mike Green (3-years, $18-million)

Rate this topic

Short term gives him incentive to play well. He could very well have a career year or two with the Wings.

Also: LOL suck it Babcock!!!!!!!!!!! You leave, and finally a RHed D wants to come play for the Wings.

Maybe we don't get him if Babs is still here. Who knows what kind of influence he would have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ericsson green together is just asking for mistakes

Kronwall Ericsson

Dekeyser Green

Quincey marchenko/ouellet

Time to get rid of kindl and I know smith was just signed but he should also be dealt

You're probably right. I think Ericsson is a quality top 4 defender but that E-K isn't scaring anybody as a top pair

Maybe Quincey gets moved during the season? There is always a team that's completely decimated by injury early on in the season. Don't think he gets resigned anyways

I just see Quincey not being re-signed at the end of the year. His $4.25M being invested into our younger players that are out of options (waiver exempt).

Don't like this unless we are packaging multiple D in a trade package. We just signed Smith, Kindl has no trade value and have 3 or 4 AHL players that are likely NHL ready. Do Marchenko and Ouellet have to spend yet another year in the AHL? I'm a little peeved but I'll reserve judgement until the off-season is fully baked.

Don't like this unless we are packaging multiple D in a trade package. We just signed Smith, Kindl has no trade value and have 3 or 4 AHL players that are likely NHL ready. Do Marchenko and Ouellet have to spend yet another year in the AHL? I'm a little peeved but I'll reserve judgement until the off-season is fully baked.

I'm mind blown how anyone doesn't like this deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It won't hurt them to play another season in the AHL. Probably play something like 25+ games due to injury anyways

I see zero chance Quincey gets dealt ... I'd personally rather trade kindl/smith right now and give ouellet marchenko some games

Kids are gonna have to get in some games , Quincey will probably be gone after this season , and when some kids are ready to step up and take a bigger role I'd expect Ericsson to be the next to be gone

I see zero chance Quincey gets dealt ... I'd personally rather trade kindl/smith right now and give ouellet marchenko some games

Kids are gonna have to get in some games , Quincey will probably be gone after this season , and when some kids are ready to step up and take a bigger role I'd expect Ericsson to be the next to be gone

Therein lies the problem. Holland isn't going to sign and trade Smith, not his style. Kindl has negative trade value (he'd be gone already if he had any value). So Marchenko and Ouellet are buried deep in the depth chart....not a good situation in my view.

Doesn't mean I don't like the Green signing in a vacuum....but there is a lot more to consider than "Yeah, we just signed a big name D."

Edited by greenrebellion

Way late to the thread apparently. Super stoked for this signing! We've needed an offensive defenseman for so long (basically since Nick retired) and now we finally have one! Yeah he's not the second coming of Lidstrom, but he definitely fills a big need of ours! Bravo Kenny! First time in years that I'm this excited on July 1st!

The kids will play. green has injuries every year and Kronwall and Ericsson are both wrong side of 30. There will be chances to get 50-75 games for the young guys that don't make the team. I think marchenko does so Oullett, Sproul, and jensen will get some road time and game time in Detroit. Baring further moves of course.