• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wingzman91

Wings sign Brad Richards 1 yr, $3 million

Rate this topic

there is no big body for the second line. Why wouldn't Abby play with pav and Tatar? Do you think line remain from year to year? That first line would be perfect. Setup man, scorer, dirty job player. Z & Nyquist have great chemistry, they scored even with power puff Franzen on their wing. He plays softer than Hudler in a hen house. Richards is a natural center who is a huge upgrade over Franzen.

there is no big body for the second line. Why wouldn't Abby play with pav and Tatar? Do you think line remain from year to year? That first line would be perfect. Setup man, scorer, dirty job player. Z & Nyquist have great chemistry, they scored even with power puff Franzen on their wing. He plays softer than Hudler in a hen house. Richards is a natural center who is a huge upgrade over Franzen.

Because Abby played with Z and Nyquist and scored 23 goals with that line, a career high for him.

Abby no longer plays with Pav unless he's playing with Z and Pav together. (Abby - Pav - Zet)

The Abby and Z chemistry is better than Abby/ Pav chemistry from 2013. Abby only created space for Pav. But Z actually turned Abby into a goal scorer. I'm not saying Pav can't do the same but this is just how things turned out to be and it worked pretty well. No reason changing that unless it no longer works.

Edited by kickazz

I don't understand your insistence on insulting Franzen, especially when it has come to light what kind of injuries he's been dealing with over the years.

I don't understand your insistence on insulting Franzen, especially when it has come to light what kind of injuries he's been dealing with over the years.

He would insult a baby for not being tough enough

Edited by Euro_Twins

Just shake em till they stop crying

That still doesn't make them throw their fists harder.

No truculence either

And theyre Always whining and crying when stuff doesn't go their way...

Plus the whole crawling thing doesn't lend itself to being a great skater.

BTW...

I actually really like this deal.

I didn't at first, but the thought of Richards feeding pucks to pulks is getting me excited.

Richards may not be as fleet of foot, or as creative as he once was, but he's still a really good playmaker.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

That still doesn't make them throw their fists harder.

And theyre Always whining and crying when stuff doesn't go their way...

Plus the whole crawling thing doesn't lend itself to being a great skater.

BTW...

I actually really like this deal.

I didn't at first, but the thought of Richards feeding pucks to pulks is getting me excited.

Richards may not be as fleet of foot, or as creative as he once was, but he's still a really good playmaker.

Ya and when you take their candy people frown at you like you did something wrong. Like seriously? Maybe if they could punch harder people wouldn't steal their stuff

With Richards, I still think the best top 6 would be:

Tatar-Pav-Abby

Nyquist-Richards-Z

Honestly if our 3 older forwards dats, Z, and Richards (discluding Mule until further news) are all playing top 6, the only 2 i want playing on the same line among them is Zetterberg and Dats. Ya maybe Richards and Z could work, but Z knows Dats much better down the middle, and I don't see him flourishing with Richards anymore then with 13. The Eurotwins are always buzzing and if not always well then very often. That gives so much free space to work with on the 2nd line, assuming Richards and or Sheahan solidify that spot. Having a thriving 2nd line because of a center not named Henrik or Pavel is what Detroits wanted for a decent time now, we want those Etwins playing together. Hopefully Richards snags that chance because right now to me Sheahan looks like a toss up between a 2nd or a 3rd line NHL center, and added depth in case of scenerio B, never hurts. At least for this year, Sheahans still young and Richards is tied up for one season. Basically it comes down to, Richards, Sheahan, please kick ass...

Edited by Superman54

Honestly if our 3 older forwards dats, Z, and Richards (discluding Mule until further news) are all playing top 6, the only 2 i want playing on the same line among them is Zetterberg and Dats. Ya maybe Richards and Z could work, but Z knows Dats much better down the middle, and I don't see him flourishing with Richards anymore then with 13. The Eurotwins are always buzzing and if not always well then very often. That gives so much free space to work with on the 2nd line, assuming Richards and or Sheahan solidify that spot. Having a thriving 2nd line because of a center not named Henrik or Pavel is what Detroits wanted for a decent time now, we want those Etwins playing together. Hopefully Richards snags that chance because right now to me Sheahan looks like a toss up between a 2nd or a 3rd line NHL center, and added depth in case of scenerio B, never hurts. At least for this year, Sheahans still young and Richards is tied up for one season. Basically it comes down to, Richards, Sheahan, please kick ass...

Their chemistry was noted to be the best in the league at some point, some consider it better than Sedin twins chemistry. Even at this age, some of the plays they make is absolutely ridiculous. They're all over the opposing team and their finesse is ridiculous combined. Their no look passes are godlike at times.

(A) If Johan Franzen returns to the team healthy and productive and;

(B) If Riley Sheahan can make the necessary strides in his development as a 2 way Center with 2nd line potential...

I think this would represent our most potent and well balanced lineup - simply put, there would be no better 3rd or 4th lines in hockey.

1. ZETTERBERG - DATSYUK - ABDELKADER

2. NYQUIST - SHEAHEAN - FRANZEN

3. TATAR - RICHARDS - PULKINNEN

4. JURCO - HELM - GLENDENNING

13. MILLER

Their chemistry was noted to be the best in the league at some point, some consider it better than Sedin twins chemistry. Even at this age, some of the plays they make is absolutely ridiculous. They're all over the opposing team and their finesse is ridiculous combined. Their no look passes are godlike at times.

nothing beats this one

(A) If Johan Franzen returns to the team healthy and productive and;

(B) If Riley Sheahan can make the necessary strides in his development as a 2 way Center with 2nd line potential...

I think this would represent our most potent and well balanced lineup - simply put, there would be no better 3rd or 4th lines in hockey.

1. ZETTERBERG - DATSYUK - ABDELKADER

2. NYQUIST - SHEAHEAN - FRANZEN

3. TATAR - RICHARDS - PULKINNEN

4. JURCO - HELM - GLENDENNING

13. MILLER

Holy cow

meanwhile, Andersson, Ferraro and Callahan are all lost to waivers...a trade must happen. I am pulling for Franzen (ya right you say) but unless he is out there dominating and not just floating, he needs to Pronger retire.

kickazz - those vids are from their "prime" days, not saying they aren't great together, but watch them last season or even the season before. Not as electric.

Edited by LeftWinger

kickazz - those vids are from their "prime" days, not saying they aren't great together, but watch them last season or even the season before. Not as electric.

One of the videos was 2012 - well past their prime. Age 34 and 32. But you asked for last two seasons. So here:

2013- 2014 - Z no look pass to D for breakaway goal

2013 - 2014 - D destroys boston defense and feeds Z who scores an impossible angle shot

2014 - 2015 - Z off boards to D who backshands to Z for onetimer slapshot goal

When you're making no look passes and know where your linemate will exactly be, even at this age, there's no arguing the strength of the chemistry. The org will benefit with them playing together and they've already stated it's their intention.

Tatar and Nyquist need to get used to playing without D and Z and find their own offense (which I believe they somewhat have on occasion), D and Z won't be around for long. Remember that D and Z found their own offense after Hull left when they joined up with Holmstorm.

Edited by kickazz

Richards is fast and very dynamic. Should blend in nicely with Red Wings system. Help to re energize Z. Can't wait to see him in action.

Richards was an awsome player. And I def think he will set it up well for us.

But I can't help smile at this old epic play - Z vs Richards (first goal)

Edited by kickazz

Amazing to think how good Bert was as a replacement on that line for Homer. Obvs not got the net-front hands, but jeez he was better than I remembered him being lol (all from one highlight... yes)