No registered users viewing this page.

Wingzman91

Wings sign Brad Richards 1 yr, $3 million

Rate this topic

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abby

Nyquist-Richards-Franzen

Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar

Helm-Glendening-Miller

Unless holland thinks we'll never ice a completely healthy roster he has to be thinking up a trade

Yeah I see no reason in signing him, maybe for the third line with Pulks and jurco, he certainly can't matchup against 2nd line centers

Just won a Stanley cup as a 2nd line center

Maybe Franzen's career is done and he was just putting up an act before putting him on LTIR

When I first heard the Wings were approaching Brad Richards, I was repulsed. When I heard one-year term, I actually got a bit excited. It is very unlikely the Wings will want to rush Larkin unless they absolutely have to. We are down our best center until November with Pavel out. Helm is preferred on the wing and could use a serviceable 3rd liner while Larkin seasons another year in the A. We have some money to spend as long as its only for this season. This would also all-but guarantee Cleary is out.

I still think we need to trade a defensemen or two for picks/prospects, but Richards for one year in a limited role would be a marked improvement at center. Also hoping Andersson was signed to sweeten the pot when moving some of our extra D.

I don't like this at all. Even without Dats to start the year we have Z, Sheahan, Helm, Glendening all as C's. We wouldn't even need to bring Larkin up if that is what Holland is worried about.

If we needed a C to come up we could see what AA can do as he is further along in his development.

Richards can't skate anymore and won't fit with the fast paced style we are going for. I just see country club written all over this.

A 36 year old dude just coming off a Cup win. What does he have to play for? No thanks.

Not to nitpick, but he's actually 35. Born 5/2/1980.

Martin St. Louis cannot play center.

So you'd rather take a lesser player because one can play center and the other can't? Z, D, Sheahan, Helm, Glendenning, we're good on centers.

EDIT: Maybe they'll get both. Then trade for Lecavalier and have the big three from TB's last Cup team. lol

Edited by xtrememachine1