• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wingzman91

Wings sign Brad Richards 1 yr, $3 million

Rate this topic

So you'd rather take a lesser player because one can play center and the other can't? Z, D, Sheahan, Helm, Glendenning, we're good on centers.

If were trading one of those guys for a defenseman, absolutely.

Plus.

St. Louis did not put up much better number last year.

And Richards was around a ppg player in the playoffs.

Brad Richards = No more Cleary :)

1 year deal? Guy can put up a decent amount of points, has tons of experience. Our top 2 centers are old. One won't even be able to start the season. The other is injury prone and was significantly slow during the playoffs. What if Zetterberg goes down with an injury? No Pav and Z.. Rely on the kids? Okay but that would be a huge gamble because.. well theyre still developing.

Richards can center a second line and Pav and Z can dominate the first line. When Pav and Z play together they don't need to exert as much effort. It will help in their longevity. Just my thoughts on this.

I wouldn't mind this move in the least... Can still be a decent center in this league... Datsyuk, Sheahan, Richards, Glendening doesn't look bad at all for your 4 C's.

Plus, its a 1 year stop gap before the next Wings Franchise Center in Dylan Larkin is ready to make the jump (Full Year in GR would be huge for him!)

Zetterberg datsyuk abdelkader

Tatar sheahan nyquist

Helm glendening pulkkinen

Jurco anderssen miller

Ferraro Franzen + richards ? = 15 guys ... Doesn't include Callahan,larkin or another rookie having a chance of getting in

So if we get richards who gets dealt? Anderssen and? I hope we don't sacrifice a pulkkinen/jurco for a miller

Zetterberg datsyuk abdelkader

Tatar sheahan nyquist

Helm glendening pulkkinen

Jurco anderssen miller

Ferraro Franzen + richards ? = 15 guys ... Doesn't include Callahan,larkin or another rookie having a chance of getting in

So if we get richards who gets dealt? Anderssen and? I hope we don't sacrifice a pulkkinen/jurco for a miller

Not even when Babcock was coach. Certainly not with Blashill. He's probably got big plans for Pulkinnen and Jurco.

EDIT: Maybe they'll get both. Then trade for Lecavalier and have the big three from TB's last Cup team. lol

Literally didn't need the "last" in there :tounge:

I don't like this at all. Even without Dats to start the year we have Z, Sheahan, Helm, Glendening all as C's. We wouldn't even need to bring Larkin up if that is what Holland is worried about.

If we needed a C to come up we could see what AA can do as he is further along in his development.

Richards can't skate anymore and won't fit with the fast paced style we are going for. I just see country club written all over this.

Richards can't skate anymore? Then don't cite Z as a replacement centre for Dats, because he's fast getting into that territory. I don't see it being that bad a deal for 1 yr, especially since you also mentioned Helm who gets wing time so isn't automatically a lock at C

Brad Richards = No more Cleary :)

1 year deal? Guy can put up a decent amount of points, has tons of experience. Our top 2 centers are old. One won't even be able to start the season. The other is injury prone and was significantly slow during the playoffs. What if Zetterberg goes down with an injury? No Pav and Z.. Rely on the kids? Okay but that would be a huge gamble because.. well theyre still developing.

Richards can center a second line and Pav and Z can dominate the first line. When Pav and Z play together they don't need to exert as much effort. It will help in their longevity. Just my thoughts on this.

That alone makes my offseason.

All this talk of brad richards I'd personally get rid of a miller to make room for joel ward instead , we know he can get 15-20 and the guy would be a beast in the playoffs and is a big body

We need to add some playoff bodies, too much of the same in detroit

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Nyquist+Smith+Mantha for Shattenkirk

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abby

Jurco-Richards-Tatar

Pulkinnen-Sheahan-Helm

Miller-Glendening-Andersson

Kronwall-Shattenkirk

Dekeseyer-Green

Quincey-Ericsson

I'd rather have Ferarro or Callahan in than Andersson, but yeah this looks pretty nice.