• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Nyquist Files For Arbitration

Rate this topic

We have $5.4M left. I think a nice 3 year $3M per bridge contract should be fair. Jurco and Pulk should cost less than $2M together. If Franzen goes LTIR and Quincey gets traded that'll open up $8M more in cap space to save for next years RFA's...

Not more than 3.5 imo. Z made what 7.4 mill after being a well above PPG player for 4 years in a row not to mention he got playoff MVP? Nyquist is half the player so I say he makes half the salary-ish ..

The Z comparison is due to Nyquist being his protege so to speak.

Not more than 3.5 imo. Z made what 7.4 mill after being a well above PPG player for 4 years in a row not to mention he got playoff MVP? Nyquist is half the player so I say he makes half the salary-ish ..

The Z comparison is due to Nyquist being his protege so to speak.

Not after saad and ror paved the yellow brick road for him

If I'm him I'm not signing for anything less than north of 5 mill AAV but if the player is filling for sa it means the team can walk away from the awarded sum which basically means he would become UFA.

I think his award will be at least 4 mill per year, Kadri just signed for 4.1 on a 1 year deal with the Leafs and he isn't even half the player Goose is plus Goose doesn't have commitment or attitude issues.

Edited by frankgrimes

Center this... Points at random inanimate objects

I've got your random inanimate object right here.

Grabs groin.

Realizes I just said I can't get it, up.

Makes Boston/philly sad.

I think were done here.

If we need to pay Nyquist more than we have left in capspace, I wonder if Quincey gets moved real quick.

It's amazing how fast people will turn on a player.

If memory serves, this is more of a basic procedural thing than a real indication that things are going poorly. By filing for arbitration Nyquist forfeits the right to accept an offer sheet from other teams. In other words, he's committing to the Wings by filing.

Today is the deadline to file so the timing is likely a result of that, not something that happened with the Wings. I'm pretty sure this is something players do that's just a backup plan for a worst case scenario. And again, by doing so he cannot accept an offer sheet from another team.

I think he plays like a center too often..shoot the damn puck and quit looking for that extra pass. Given his defensive limitations, I don't know that he's a top six wing on a championship level team. I think he's a monster 3rd line wing who sees time on the PP ideally.

By filing for arbitration, Nyquist not eligible to receive an offer sheet. Will continue negotiating with Wings. Hearings are July 20-Aug. 4

Ansar Khan@AnsarKhanMLive 50m

Wings usually sign the player before it gets to the hearing.

I think he plays like a center too often..shoot the damn puck and quit looking for that extra pass. Given his defensive limitations, I don't know that he's a top six wing on a championship level team. I think he's a monster 3rd line wing who sees time on the PP ideally.

He's definitely a top six winger.

We need to get him signed.

I like that he gave up his offer sheet rights.

That's cool

23 players in the NHL filed for arbitration today.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=773987

Only 3 of them are "big fish" Holty, Goose and Stepan

This will be an easy one for his agent, Saad has 52 points is also a left-wing but won 2 Stanley Cups while Gosse is older, has more points but no Stanley Cup so I expect something close to 6 mill.

Edited by frankgrimes