• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Hoggan, Paetsch, and Grant resigned...

Rate this topic

Which don't you understand? Bringing Paetsch back because he's up on gambling charges? Or bringing Grant back after a season in Milwaukee? If it's the former, I'm sure Holland must be banking on him being able to play, and if he can, he is a huge asset for the Griffins. He's one of their top defenders and a great mentor for the kids (on the ice, maybe not so much off...). And if it's the latter, I'm not a huge fan of this signing, but it doesn't really hurt too much either. He can be a serviceable 4th liner, chip in a scattered point and "keep the flies off" our kids. With the departure of Porter, we do need some veteran leadership in the room and Grant is a familiar face. He will likely see limited games / time on ice, so I don't see it as a bad signing...

Which don't you understand? Bringing Paetsch back because he's up on gambling charges? Or bringing Grant back after a season in Milwaukee? If it's the former, I'm sure Holland must be banking on him being able to play, and if he can, he is a huge asset for the Griffins. He's one of their top defenders and a great mentor for the kids (on the ice, maybe not so much off...). And if it's the latter, I'm not a huge fan of this signing, but it doesn't really hurt too much either. He can be a serviceable 4th liner, chip in a scattered point and "keep the flies off" our kids. With the departure of Porter, we do need some veteran leadership in the room and Grant is a familiar face. He will likely see limited games / time on ice, so I don't see it as a bad signing...

Paetsch. He plead guilty to the charges. He is now a convicted felon. I thought that "the Classy RW's" didn't want scum bags on the team. At least that is how many on this forum react to so many players in the NHL. I would rather have a guy that throws an elbow over a convicted felon.

"

Paetsch. He plead guilty to the charges. He is now a convicted felon. I thought that "the Classy RW's" didn't want scum bags on the team. At least that is how many on this forum react to so many players in the NHL. I would rather have a guy that throws an elbow over a convicted felon.

"

Last time I checked he's not playing for the Red Wings, he's playing for Grand Rapids.

Also what does this have to do with Holland?

"

What were the charges?

Of all the vets on the team, I believe that Paetsch is just as, or more important than any of them, including captain Hoggan and top point producer Miele. As long as the whole gambling thing doesn't effect him playing next season, and it isn't a distraction for him or the team, he will be a very important part of the team once again. We have lots of veteran leadership up front, we definitely need some on the back end, Paetsch is a perfect fit. I hope he is paired back with Sproul again and he can really get him going this season. I still have high hopes for Sproul, but he hasn't quite figured out how to defend at the pro level yet. I'm hoping Paetsch can really help him in that regard.

Of all the vets on the team, I believe that Paetsch is just as, or more important than any of them, including captain Hoggan and top point producer Miele. As long as the whole gambling thing doesn't effect him playing next season, and it isn't a distraction for him or the team, he will be a very important part of the team once again. We have lots of veteran leadership up front, we definitely need some on the back end, Paetsch is a perfect fit. I hope he is paired back with Sproul again and he can really get him going this season. I still have high hopes for Sproul, but he hasn't quite figured out how to defend at the pro level yet. I'm hoping Paetsch can really help him in that regard.

Definitely agree with this. While it looks like Holland will have to make a move in Detroit (possibly Quincey or Kindl, allowing one of the ``kids`` to make the team, right now the defense down in GR looks something like:

Ouellet-Marchenko

Lashoff-Jensen

Paetsch-Sproul

That`s a pretty solid group right there.