• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Wings‬ sign left wing Eric Tangradi

Rate this topic

We have a few on here that think any sort of toughness or someone who will drop the gloves is worthless. Just ignore them. I still like watching big hits and fights. And I'm sure some others do as well. Not everyone wants pansy hockey.

By all accounts, this guy plays small...

He has a few fights, and a couple big hits in his short time in the nhl, so does datsyuk.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Who's to say that he doesn't make the fourth line or at least get a call up here and there? Even if he only gets 2 call ups I hope it's against Dallas and Ottawa .

Are people really pissed off about a depth signing probably around league minimum? Just be happy the Wings finally Griffins have a winger who has great size and will win some battles along the boards.

You know who's to say if me makes or doesn't make the fourth line? The coaching staff.

You know who else has a say in it: Eric Tangradi. If he plays like a house on fire and beats out someone like Ferraro, so be it.

I have no problem with him as a depth forward. It's a smart signing.

Do I think he's going to get specific call ups play play specific "hard-edged, tougher" teams? No way in hell.

We have a few on here that think any sort of toughness or someone who will drop the gloves is worthless. Just ignore them. I still like watching big hits and fights. And I'm sure some others do as well. Not everyone wants pansy hockey.

I love big hits and fights, but I also want skill. A marriage of both would be phenomenal, but it's hard in this day and age when the league is shifting more and more towards skill. Big hits and fights are great, but just because we don't have someone that will drop the gloves doesn't make it pansy hockey. It's just the game now.

Can't belive there are 3 pages about a guy that will play on the 4th line of the Griffins

You obviously haven't been around very long. :lol:

I'm surprised Brian McGrattan hasn't been brought into the conversation yet.

The Pens had high hopes for him when they acquired him in the Kunitz deal, but after several chances with the big club, he never really did anything. He's a pretty decent AHL player though (121 points in 178 games). He's a nice pick up for the Griffins. I wouldn't expect much from him on the Wings though as he's never done anything in the NHL (19 points in 143 games).

You know who's to say if me makes or doesn't make the fourth line? The coaching staff.

You know who else has a say in it: Eric Tangradi. If he plays like a house on fire and beats out someone like Ferraro, so be it.

I have no problem with him as a depth forward. It's a smart signing.

Do I think he's going to get specific call ups play play specific "hard-edged, tougher" teams? No way in hell.

I love big hits and fights, but I also want skill. A marriage of both would be phenomenal, but it's hard in this day and age when the league is shifting more and more towards skill. Big hits and fights are great, but just because we don't have someone that will drop the gloves doesn't make it pansy hockey. It's just the game now.

You obviously haven't been around very long. :lol:

I'm surprised Brian McGrattan hasn't been brought into the conversation yet.

He will soon. I'm working on a 3-piece article on McGrattan starting from his pee-wee days.

Hope frk or another young kid doesn't suffer from having another vet added on the griffins .... Frk can't stay in Toledo yet again , needs to play with the kids

Frk needs to play better so he doesnt get stuck in Toledo again. Spots are earned.

This is true. I knew the name a little from highlights etc but I couldn't have told you anything about him...then in the first round I was like "oh that's Tyler Johnson, well Frk that guy"

Ha.Fair enough.

He'd been tearing up the league and he was constantly mentioned because of his undrafted to number one c story, I had assumed he was a household name.

I wasn't being facetious, by the way, I was generally intrigued by you not knowing him. He was on sportscenter, so he must be known.

Hahaha.

Tangradi just sounds like a guy who would kick your a$$. He was destined to be an enforcer.

Tangradi just sounds like a guy who would kick your a$$. He was destined to be an enforcer.

Saying it twice doesn't make it magically happen.

Three times, however.

Ha.Fair enough.

He'd been tearing up the league and he was constantly mentioned because of his undrafted to number one c story, I had assumed he was a household name.

I wasn't being facetious, by the way, I was generally intrigued by you not knowing him. He was on sportscenter, so he must be known.

Hahaha.

Saying it twice doesn't make it magically happen.

Three times, however.

Truth is my mother is a Tampa fan...I think I may have heard his name so much from her I just 100% disregarded him as an existing human being methinks...

Tangradi and "enforcer" don't belong in the same sentence. He may be big, but he hasn't even fought 10 games in almost 150 NHL games. The highest number of fighting majors he's had in an NHL season is 2.

That said, he likely won't make the team, but could be a call-up if injuries hit. Basically an AHL depth signing.

He could still probably beat up any fighter on our team.

Holland pussified him.

LOL. Abdeldakder may as well throw his punches with open fists.

He's a decent fighter as opposed to the rest on our roster. Except Ericsson. Big E knows how to throw a punch very well.

He's a decent fighter as opposed to the rest on our roster. Except Ericsson. Big E knows how to throw a punch very well.

How many guys has he clocked with that punch? He's big and uses his size to hold his own, but I don't remember seeing him decimate anybody.

Edited by GMRwings1983