• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Wings hire new S&C Coach Mike Kadar

Rate this topic

Ha. Penguins always have some of the most man games lost to injuries, so let's hope that doesn't come with him.

Not thrilled with this hire.

Hell the Pens medical staff couldn't even correctly diagnose the mumps when Crosbys cheeks were the size of a cantaloupe.

Hell the Pens medical staff couldn't even correctly diagnose the mumps when Crosbys cheeks were the size of a cantaloupe.

Ha.

He was looking like a squirrel packing all the nuts he could possibly fit in his mouf, and they just let him stay in the locker room spreading it around to the other players, members of the media, other teams.

I'm genuinely nervous over this hire.

I hate it.

Is the Strength and Conditioning Coach the person who diagnosis the mumps?

That's maybe why it wasn't diagnosed properly.

Crosby: 'I think I have the mumps, what should I do?'

Coach: 'em, dunno, bench presses?'

No. Team doctors would be...

But imagine our aging stars, already prone to injuries with a strength and conditioning team getting their bodies "ready" for the grind of the season. Like he has done with the penguins. one of the younger super star laden teams, and under him, they're **#1 in man games lost to injury.

** I'm not 100% sure they're #1 anymore, but they've consistently been amongst the leaders in man games lost in the last few years. Not a comforting thought.

Jobo (JLA spirit, evil bringer of injuries) is in the the house looking over the new kids, and eyeballin the new exorcist.

"yup....i got this"..... "goona be a good season...snicker"

do we have a 5th string goalie? we may need one.

The Penguins being consistently injured has many factors invloved that don't include the S & C Coach. Also, the overall management of the Penguins organization is nothing like the Red Wings' brass so I'm sure our new guy will do just fine.

The Penguins being consistently injured has many factors invloved that don't include the S & C Coach. Also, the overall management of the Penguins organization is nothing like the Red Wings' brass so I'm sure our new guy will do just fine.

What?!?

Strength and conditioning is definitely a factor for injuries, one could argue that its the most important one...

And the management may be completely different, but I highly doubt the doctors/training staff/s&c coaches for the wings do something wildly different from that of the pens. Especially when talking about The quality of care, that isn't going to vary wildly from team to team...

What?!?

Strength and conditioning is definitely a factor for injuries, one could argue that its the most important one...

And the management may be completely different, but I highly doubt the doctors/training staff/s&c coaches for the wings do something wildly different from that of the pens. Especially when talking about The quality of care, that isn't going to vary wildly from team to team...

Crosby getting his bell rung, Letang having a stroke, I can keep going. Factor all these out and they are no more injured than any other team.

As for the mumps issue, that's all on team doctors. Not a strength and conditioning couch.

Crosby getting his bell rung, Letang having a stroke, I can keep going. Factor all these out and they are no more injured than any other team.

As for the mumps issue, that's all on team doctors. Not a strength and conditioning couch.

I was thinking more so about bodily injuries...

Like Before letangs stroke he was out for a while because of His groin, his leg another time.

Malkins out 3 separate times for a lower body injury, his knee the year before that.

Downie, Goc, bortuzzo, ehroff, Bennet all missed decent amounts of time the last few years because of lower and upper body injuries that kept recurring.

And the last time i remember sid was out it was for his wrist, iirc.

I'm not going back to the concussions he kept getting, or any random virus/illness, just actual body injuries.

I'm not saying the guys going to cause more injuries for us or that he's going to be bad here, I'm just saying I don't know anything good about him, and going off his product that's been on the ice the last few years he doesn't seem like he'd be a logical hire, or the best guy we could get for the job.

And the penguins weren't the only team hit by mumps, wasn't there like 15 teams last year that had players with it?

Nj had like half of their roster out with it at one point, Minny had a handful...

My point was that it's not all on the S and C coach. Every individual is different and may not be as injury prone as others. Commitment to training is also a factor. I just don't agree with people freaking out because he worked with the Pens and they coincidetally had some injury problems while he was there.

My point was that it's not all on the S and C coach. Every individual is different and may not be as injury prone as others. Commitment to training is also a factor. I just don't agree with people freaking out because he worked with the Pens and they coincidetally had some injury problems while he was there.

I'm not freaking out, I'm discussing the guy.

Which is the point of having a thread on him, no?

And I don't really see anyone freaking out, there's some people being hyperbolic about him, and others being judgemental probably just because he's coming from the pens, but I don't see anyone freaking out.

And you can't for sure say they're coincidences, I mean that's probably part of it, but when the wings were dropping like flies the training staff and strength&conditioning guys were the ones we all started asking about on here, and started talking about who all goes to Gary Roberts to train, etc...

So its got to be partially on him, as that's part if his job description.