• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsAlways

Sharp & Johns to DAL for Daley and Garbut

Rate this topic

Doesn't Dallas need quality defensemen a lot more desperately than forwards? Not sure what Nill is going for with Sharp and his $5.9 million cap hit when they already have Benn, Seguin and Spezza.

I guess Chicago swapped Oduya with Daley, but their forward depth isn't what it was last year.

Daley + Garbut = 3.3 + .900 = 4.2 million

Dallas is retaining half of Garbut's $1.8 million salary

Sharp 5.9 million

So Chicago saves a whopping 1.7 million.

Still doesn't have enough money to re-sign Kruger or Oduya

Guest Playmaker

I wish I could believe that this is the trade that will sink the Blackhawks, but damn them if they don't bounce back from these things every time. There's a part of me that wishes Ken Holland could be like that. On the one hand, there's that nice familiarity because there's pretty much the same players every year. But on the other hand, there's the same players losing in the first round every year.

I don't think Sharp has too much left in the tank, but he's still a somewhat decent 3rd liner. I actually really like Stephen Johns, he seemed to have taken a very large step in his development last year...

Daley and garbut but are decent enough, but the moved doesn't seem to make much sense with the small amount of cap savings this affords them.

I don't think they got fleeced, necessarily because Sharp is not really a top six guy anymore...

Seems like a hockey trade to me.

Chicago's reasoning to getting rid of sharp was to get rid of money , yet they somehow have to pay 25% of his salary and added like 5 million with the trade ... Surprised they just didn't wait it out and see if they could find a taker in a month or so

This guarantees johnny oduya is a goner now ... Should we get rid of Quincey or smith to add oduya on a one year deal of possible?

Chicago's reasoning to getting rid of sharp was to get rid of money , yet they somehow have to pay 25% of his salary and added like 5 million with the trade ... Surprised they just didn't wait it out and see if they could find a taker in a month or so

This guarantees johnny oduya is a goner now ... Should we get rid of Quincey or smith to add oduya on a one year deal of possible?

If we could get rid Of two of Kindle q, or smith, then I'd absolutely go After Oduya, but I dont see that happening.

Plus there's rumors that oduya turned down a substantial offer from buffalo or Edmonton(I can't recall which one it was ATM, but I'll look it up Later) so I doubt our better chances of competing for the cup, makes Him wanna come here.

He'll probably end up waiting until training camps about to start, and if Chicago has made any moves to clear enough space to give him 1-3mill just for the year so he can try to go For the back to back cup Wins.

If we could get rid Of two of Kindle q, or smith, then I'd absolutely go After Oduya, but I dont see that happening.

Plus there's rumors that oduya turned down a substantial offer from buffalo or Edmonton(I can't recall which one it was ATM, but I'll look it up Later) so I doubt our better chances of competing for the cup, makes Him wanna come here.

He'll probably end up waiting until training camps about to start, and if Chicago has made any moves to clear enough space to give him 1-3mill just for the year so he can try to go For the back to back cup Wins.

Way I see hawks picked up Trevor Daley to replace oduya , his days as a hawk are over

I'd be shocked if he returned

Chicago is not retaining any of Sharp's salary. Dallas is retaining half of Garbut's.

As far as Dallas' need for D... I can think of a couple DRW that wouldn't look so bad in Dallas.

Any interest, Jim?