• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Johnny Oduya signs with Stars 2 yrs $3.75 AAV

Rate this topic

We have no cap space.

Or a roster spot. ...but you know. We could have.

Down Goes Brown @DownGoesBrown 32m32 minutes ago

Every time Jim Nill does anything I think wow, he's one of the smartest GMs in the NHL, and then I go "oh, right the Jason Spezza contract".

...and that Hemsky contract. ...and that Lehtonen contract.

Jim Nill is best described as an aggressive general manager. Don't get me wrong - I think he's a great hockey mind. It's probably a blast for Dallas fans that he's so active, but for all of the s*** he throws against the wall, half of it doesn't stick.

He's made moves sure, but they haven't paid off yet.

Or a roster spot. ...but you know. We could have.

...and that Hemsky contract. ...and that Lehtonen contract.

and people act like he robbed Bowman in the Sharp deal. Except Daley had almost as many points this year (38) from the back end as Sharp did (43) as a winger, in exactly the same amount of games played.

Then you look at the Spezaa deal and that contract and think that it might have been better to keep Chiasson, a young cheap power forward.

For me, the Seguin deal was great for Nill, and that's about it.

You probably highly disagree with his wiki page then:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Nill

"Nill's unique ability to pull off the blockbuster trade has been attributed to a Jedi-like wiggle of his trademark mustache, nicknamed "Monty."

LOL, last sentance...oh wiki, you source of quasi-accurate information.

Personally I think he's made some great free signings and has given Dallas some legitamacy as a team. Last year they were 2nd in team scoring but sucked on the back end, so he signs Niemi, Odoya to help out and brings in Sharp on the 2nd line. Dallas BlackHawks anyone? This team is going to rise like Tampa. that's my crystal ball prediction :)

Think this guy would've been better to have than Q or E....but Q is gone after this year anyhow so don't want to take up another roster spot that one of the kids deserves...I we could've traded E, now that would have been a nice upgrade and savings. E is hot garbage now, just wait 4 more years...

Think this guy would've been better to have than Q or E....but Q is gone after this year anyhow so don't want to take up another roster spot that one of the kids deserves...I we could've traded E, now that would have been a nice upgrade and savings. E is hot garbage now, just wait 4 more years...

Quincey brings a physical element to this team. Imagine how soft the D would be without him. Also, don't count on him being gone after this year. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he signed an extension with the Wings.

Nill does it again

2 yrs at 3.75 per

Could of been a good deal for the wings , and a short term as well.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/795077

As someone who gets upset every time Holland trades a prospect, why exactly do you think this would have been a good deal for the Wings? You realize it would mean trading away kids, right?

Also, Dallas will breeze into the playoffs this year. Their forward corps is awesome, and their defense is underrated. Their biggest weakness was in goal, and they addressed it with a perennial winner and Stanley Cup champion. Plus Seguin will be healthy. They'll be the sleeper in the Western Conference.

Weiss is gonna light up the KHL this year

I hope he likes Vodka.

Oduya isn't better than Ericsson OR Quincey. He's very comparable to both though. Signing him and shipping one of those guys out is just shuffling deck chairs.

Ouch! Talk about insulting another human being.

He's made moves sure, but they haven't paid off yet.

Hard for it to pay off when your goaltending is awful + the west is so strong ... Got no doubt dallas will be one of the better teams in the west in a few yrs

Weiss is gonna light up the KHL this year

I'm thinking switzerland ... Gonna join forces with brunner and hate on Babs

As someone who gets upset every time Holland trades a prospect, why exactly do you think this would have been a good deal for the Wings? You realize it would mean trading away kids, right?

Had an oduya for Quincey scenario in my mind ... Sign oduya and try and trade Quincey for a 2nd or 3rd

But your right I don't wanna lose ouellet/marchenko ... Could be wrong but don't see smith kindl here longterm as well

Not taking a dig at holland ... Just praising Nill , he's done a great job since he went to dallas

That's definitely debatable. He's done a great job on paper, the big question is can it translate on the ice.

Jim Nill is best described as an aggressive general manager. Don't get me wrong - I think he's a great hockey mind. It's probably a blast for Dallas fans that he's so active, but for all of the s*** he throws against the wall, half of it doesn't stick.

I almost feel that newer GMs have to be aggressive and make moves to so they can set their own rep. Look at Sweeney in Boston, a lot of people scratching their heads at the draft buy you can't deny that he made his mark on the team.