• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Lou Lamoriello new GM of the Leafs

Rate this topic

I know that but they should have made that clear before extending Brodeur

I really have no clue what are you talking about. They resigned Brodeur to a 2 year deal on Jul 02, 2012. They traded for Schneider on June 30th 2013, when Brodeur had 1 year left on his contract so Schnieder could be his successor. In 2013/14 Brodeur played 39 games, Schenider played 45 games. I really don't see any wrong doing on NJ's end.

Teams replace goalies at the end of their run. Its not like they signed Brodeur, then traded for Schenider 2 days later only to play Brodeur 5 games. It was 1 year later.

Plus, how to we know what was said to Brodeur anyways? Has Brodeur been quoted saying that people were not clear with him? Or that he was lied to?

I'm talking about this http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/04/unhappy_with_playing_time_this_season_martin_brodeur_gives_best_hint_yet_that_hes_done_with_devils.html

Maybe telling him that he would have to battle for the number 1 spot would have been better.

Anyhow that situation in Toronto will be very interesting.

Brodeur was averaging .900 save % and over 2.50GAA

Schneider averaging .921 save % and less then 2.00GAA.

Why should he start over Scheider again? Because he's Martin Brodeur?

Hasek got benched for Osgood in the playoffs when he wasn't good enough.

I'm talking about this http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/04/unhappy_with_playing_time_this_season_martin_brodeur_gives_best_hint_yet_that_hes_done_with_devils.html

Maybe telling him that he would have to battle for the number 1 spot would have been better.

Anyhow that situation in Toronto will be very interesting.

NJ did nothing wrong, even Brodeur admits this when talking about it in that article as he says: "It's hard. There is no one to blame,".

But even if you did think they did do something wrong, that would be on the coach not Lou anyways.

NJ did nothing wrong, even Brodeur admits this when talking about it in that article as he says: "It's hard. There is no one to blame,".

But even if you did think they did do something wrong, that would be on the coach not Lou anyways.

I think they could have handled better but for sure a difficult situation. I mean one of the best goalies ever at the end of his career and the team overall in decline mode. Maybe they should have told him bevore extending him that he might only be a backup.

but it's water under the bridge now

unbelievable TSN already has a lot of articles abut the hiring, wish they would be as good with their website design :(

I think they could have handled better but for sure a difficult situation. I mean one of the best goalies ever at the end of his career and the team overall in decline mode. Maybe they should have told him bevore extending him that he might only be a backup.

but it's water under the bridge now

unbelievable TSN already has a lot of articles abut the hiring, wish they would be as good with their website design :(

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

I'm ******* starting to hate the term responsive design. It always results in much more clicking than before.

How about some real navigation? Like fade in menus, sub menus and pages! Instead of that damn load more crap.

Going to look at grease monkey maybe it's easy to re design this thing. If it works I'll share it here

And the Maple Leafs hire Jacques Lemaire too.

Toronto Maple Leafs @MapleLeafs 10m10 minutes ago

The #Leafs have hired Jacques Lemaire as Special Assignment Coach. #TMLtalk

Hmmm...Shanahan, Lamoreillo, Babcock, Lemaire. Sounds like a good management group. I just wonder if they've got enough ego ya know? Like, do they have someone willing to take charge and be the boss, is my concern. Lol.

I can't wait for this to fail.

I mean, what could go wrong with a plan to remake the 1995 New Jersey Devils, only without all the great players and in an era where that style of play is largely unsuccessful?

Edited by kipwinger