• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Lou Lamoriello new GM of the Leafs

Rate this topic

About an hour ago

That's bizarre. After so much time in NJ, I'd think if he stepped away, he'd step away either for good or for a long time.

To resign and immediately sign for the Leafs shows there was a rift between him and the organization. Otherwise, it looks like a middle finger to Devils fans.

The KOvy situation, losing Parise, and the Brodeur drama all seemed like they caused rifts in the organization and with the fanbase. But when Lou was still around last year I figured that they'd passed through the problems and stuck together. This is a huge surprise.

The Leafs do have some very good guys on the business side of things now. They will be very interesting to watch in the coming years to see if they can turn it around.

Does anyone else feel like Babs and Lou would have major personality clashes?

They're basically both very hard-nosed.

I guess that could also be beneficial if they are on the same page.

Edited by kickazz

Its clear that they are trying to build something in Toronto that is comparable to what Detroit had in the front office back a few years ago...

...but I am sorry, all respect to Babcock, but when he got off the bus and he had Ken Holland, Scotty Bowman, Jill Nill and Ryan Martin he was walking with, it just doesn't compare when you replace those guys with Shanny, Lou, Mark Hunter and Cliff Fletcher.

Edited by LeftWinger

There were rumors that Lou didn't mesh well with their new more business focused ownership but man I've never thought he would leave the Devils.

The Kovalchuck situation was forced by their former owner and they didn't have the money to re-sign Parise but man the Brodeur vs Schneider situation could have been handled sooo much better.

Hate to say it but a great hire, most experienced GM in the game thought they'd hire a yes man

It's a good hire for sure, totally out of left field. They have to end the streak without a Cup soon, don't they? It's got to drive leafs fans nuts seeing teams like Tampa and Anaheim doing so well and getting so much attention from the powers in the NHL when they have been around since the dawn of sport basically...trust us leafs fans, we know the feeling over alienation.

There were rumors that Lou didn't mesh well with their new more business focused ownership but man I've never thought he would leave the Devils.

The Kovalchuck situation was forced by their former owner and they didn't have the money to re-sign Parise but man the Brodeur vs Schneider situation could have been handled sooo much better.

Hate to say it but a great hire, most experienced GM in the game thought they'd hire a yes man

What situation? Schneider was brought on to replace Brodeur and it worked. Are you thinking of Vancouver and the Luongo/Schnieder situation?

I could make up some gossip too but I think this is just the case of Toronto offering too good a contract to refuse. Like with Babcock. The salary cap puts teams on an even field only regarding player contracts. Wealthy teams can still have their way acquiring personnel if they want.