• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pokemonbreeder18

My grandfather's hockey collection!

Rate this topic

Hey guys, first off, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. It's been years since I've posted on the site here....anyway...back in May I did a tour of my grandfathers hockey collection (mainly to show you guys) and I finally got around to uploading it. If you have an hour free, give it a watch. There are a lot of great hockey stories in here. My grandpa has known quite a number of people over the years involved with the game and many of these stories have probably never been heard (except by me and my family 1000 times lol) Most of it is Red Wings related, but I specifically had him point out a few of his non wings stuff for others. Around the 45 minute mark I start asking him questions directly & it can get a little loud because I'm so close to the camera, so just a warning for that. But if you're a fan of hockey history, give this a watch!

I didn't watch the entire video, but very cool moment with your Grandfather to put his collection and stories on film. Both my Grandfathers aren't with us anymore, but when they were here, I always enjoyed hearing them talk about their experiences in life.

Interesting to see that your grandfather grew up in Detroit and now resides in Grand Rapids, with all the Muskegon/GR/Kalamazoo hockey.

I grew up around around metro Detroit, but ended up living in GR for a number a years when I was older. If I ever come back to Michigan I'll move back to GR. The east side will always be home to me, but GR is one of my favorite cities for some reason.