• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_prime

Brandon Sutter traded to Canucks

Rate this topic

Sutter and Bonino are almost the same player. Sutter'sa little bigger and three years younger which must be why Pittsburgh got the extra player and higer pick.

Bonino's a bit cheaper too... Pens needed a little wiggle room.

Luongo, Schneider, Kesler, Bieksa, Lack = Markstrom, Horvat, Sbisa, Sutter, Dorsett, McCann, 3rd, 3rd, 7th, retained salary on Luongo.

Edited by e_prime

Clendenning and moved up a round in the draft.

Trade doesn't make too much sense, though. Internal conflict? trying to get younger/get draft picks back?

Pens are trying to get younger? Sutter is one year younger and I'd say better which is why pens get the 2nd and canucks the 3rd and as for clendening I don't see him being anything more than a 5-7 dman if he makes it

Pens Probably do this trade to give malkin bonino which is an insult when you consider he had james neal

As for the edler talk I'd have to imagine it would have to start with a 1st + something like one of ouellet/smith/marchenko + pulkkinen

Considering though we'd have to free cap space it would probably be smith +Franzens contract ? Can't see how else we'd be able to add edler

Hasn't his play slowed down last few years ? And he has a 6+ cap hit I believe , and considering we just got green at 6 per , and weiss added to the cap and dekeyser coming up and other kids I'd pass on edler

Edler is at a 5M AAV with 3 more years left on his contract I believe. His numbers aren't very impressive and he's 29 years old. I wanted him here for a long time but I can't see him being worth anything we'd have to give up

If we were able to add a good all around top 4 I think we would be a legitimate contender. Maybe Smith blows us away this year

Screw Edler. How do we get Dan Hamhuis here? Looks like Benning has lost his marbles, trading a 2nd+prospect to barely improve his 2nd/3rd line center? Yikes. My buddies a Vancouver fan and he is hating his life this offseason :lol:

I thought the Canucks off season last year was a disaster.

Edler is at a 5M AAV with 3 more years left on his contract I believe. His numbers aren't very impressive and he's 29 years old. I wanted him here for a long time but I can't see him being worth anything we'd have to give up

If we were able to add a good all around top 4 I think we would be a legitimate contender. Maybe Smith blows us away this year

I was joking

Pens are trying to get younger? Sutter is one year younger and I'd say better which is why pens get the 2nd and canucks the 3rd and as for clendening I don't see him being anything more than a 5-7 dman if he makes it

Pens Probably do this trade to give malkin bonino which is an insult when you consider he had james neal

Yeah, I misread Zombo's post and thought Bonino was 3 years younger.

Malkin probably has Kessel next year. It's been reported/speculated that he'll be there instead of with Crosby. That's not much of an insult. Bonino played 2nd line center with the Canucks - he'll replace Sutter as the 3rd C.

After reading some things, I think it has to do with the fact that Sutter's Caphit is 3.3 and he's set to be a UFA next year. Bonino's caphit is 1.9 and he has 2 years left. They just signed Eric Fehr and maybe they want to get in on Erhoff or Franson.

Also, Bonino's possession numbers are better and if he's played 2C last year I think that bodes well for what they got. Seems to make sense for both sides.

I was joking

Still a possibility. Canucks must be interested in moving him and it wouldn't take much. His stock has plummeted. Still need more skill on the blueline but I'm not even sure he can rebound and I used to be a huge Edler advocate