• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rivalred

Then and Now: Tatar vs Hudler

Rate this topic

I'm confused by the title of the thread, are we comparing Hudler when he was a Wing to Tatar? Cuz last season Hudler put up like 76 points, which I would say is definitely better than anything Tatar has done in the NHL. But if we're going with just their time as a wing, I feel like Tatar is more involved in the play, more noticeable, and doesn't seem to care that he's the smallest guy on the ice, which is refreshing to see in anyone. As far as points go, they're kinda in the same area, although Tatar's sample size is only two seasons, and he could easily become a more reliable scorer than Hudler was here. So I think Tatar has/will have more of an impact here than Hudler did.

If Tatar and Nyquist replicate their numbers this upcoming season it's safe to say their perfomances weren't flukes and they will be top league players in a year or two. Additionally if it does happen, I would put both above Hudler in terms of potential.

Hudler had a great season last year but he's late into his prime now and I'm not sure if there's anymore upside. Tatar and Nyquist are still young and can only get better.

I know it's Tatar vs. Hudler but I had to throw Gus in there for added perspective

edit - flukes not FLUES.. lol.

Edited by kickazz

If Tatar and Nyquist replicate their numbers this upcoming season it's safe to say their perfomances weren't flues and they will be top league players in a year or two. Additionally if it does happen, I would put both above Hudler in terms of potential.

Hudler had a great season last year but he's late into his prime now and I'm not sure if there's anymore upside. Tatar and Nyquist are still young and can only get better.

I know it's Tatar vs. Hudler but I had to throw Gus in there for added perspective

Agreed. Nothing against him, but I would bet that when his career is over, last year will end up being his career year by a mile.

If Hudler was still here he more than likely wouldn't be putting up the kind of numbers he has in CGY.

On the Wings he never had to be "the guy" and didn't get those minutes and opportunities that he has on CGY.

When Huds played for us he was exposed on lower lines by his lack of physicality and speed - showing flashes here and there of great talent. Most of the time though I was fed up with him as a 2/3 line player.

Tatar is all over the place and impacting the game even when he isn't producing points - something Hudler never did in Detroit in my opinion.

If Hudler was still here he more than likely wouldn't be putting up the kind of numbers he has in CGY.

On the Wings he never had to be "the guy" and didn't get those minutes and opportunities that he has on CGY.

When Huds played for us he was exposed on lower lines by his lack of physicality and speed - showing flashes here and there of great talent. Most of the time though I was fed up with him as a 2/3 line player.

Tatar is all over the place and impacting the game even when he isn't producing points - something Hudler never did in Detroit in my opinion.

Interesting. Is Hudler yet another guy that got the Babcock "Cena'esque burial treatment"?

Tatar is similar to Hudler, but a bit bigger and quite a bit faster. Hudler puts up more points now, but a lot of that is a reflection of his roles with the Flames.

They are literally pound for pound and inch for inch the exact same size. Speed I'll give you though, but Tatar plays bigger

Wonder what chemistry Tatar and Hudler would have together if playing here

Smallest line in the NHL award.

Interesting. Is Hudler yet another guy that got the Babcock "Cena'esque burial treatment"?

Well to be fair he has a point, but I don't think it was due to Babcock.

Hudler does have more responsibility there, here we had D and Z still in their prime.

They are literally pound for pound and inch for inch the exact same size. Speed I'll give you though, but Tatar plays bigger

Hudler isn't as big as he's listed. My brother used to go to Griffins practices a lot and he said Hudler might be 5-6