• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MrazekFanBoy

Best American forward in the nhl?

Rate this topic

Kane, a football field then Pacioretty and Parise.

Hate the Hawks or not, it's not even close. Sry

I agree it's Kane, but I don't know that there's that large of a gap between him and Pacioretty.

Kane has ridiculous hands but Pacioretty is an impressive goalscorer, especially given he's on the Habs. Surround him with the talent of the Blackhawks and I don't think his numbers would be that far off from Kane's.

I agree it's Kane, but I don't know that there's that large of a gap between him and Pacioretty.

Kane has ridiculous hands but Pacioretty is an impressive goalscorer, especially given he's on the Habs. Surround him with the talent of the Blackhawks and I don't think his numbers would be that far off from Kane's.

the same can be said about Parise and Kessel but I guess I'll give the nod to the three time Stanley cup champ

the same can be said about Parise and Kessel but I guess I'll give the nod to the three time Stanley cup champ

Really? You didn't even mention Kane when you started the thread.

If anything his team winning the Stanley Cup three times works against an argument for him as the clear best. Kane has played on great teams virtually since he came into the league.

Really? You didn't even mention Kane when you started the thread.

If anything his team winning the Stanley Cup three times works against an argument for him as the clear best. Kane has played on great teams virtually since he came into the league.

I absolutely DO think that Pacioretty would score more on another team. That said, with regards to Kane it's a little less clear. I'm not sure how much Kane benefits from playing for an offensive juggernaut of a team given that he's the primary reason that the team is so offensively potent in the first place. Certainly I think other guys benefit from playing on a team with Kane (looking at you Brad Richards) but I'm less convinced he benefits as much from playing with Saad, or Shaw, or Richards, or whomever. The two most offensively talented guys on the Blackhawks, other than Kane, are Toews and Hossa and he doesn't play much with either of them anymore.

It's a little like saying Datsyuk only scores like he does because he's been (largely) on great teams. Aren't they great precisely BECAUSE Datsyuk scores like he does?

Not saying you're wrong, just that it's a little bit of a chicken and egg thing.

It is clearly Kane. Guy is electric in big moments. Always shows up for the playoffs. He makes everyone on the ice with him better. He has come a long way in his laziness and two way game. I remember watching when he was in his first few years and every time the puck would transition he would just change. He doesn't do that anymore. His hockey game has certainly matured over the years. Not so much off the ice.

I absolutely DO think that Pacioretty would score more on another team. That said, with regards to Kane it's a little less clear. I'm not sure how much Kane benefits from playing for an offensive juggernaut of a team given that he's the primary reason that the team is so offensively potent in the first place. Certainly I think other guys benefit from playing on a team with Kane (looking at you Brad Richards) but I'm less convinced he benefits as much from playing with Saad, or Shaw, or Richards, or whomever. The two most offensively talented guys on the Blackhawks, other than Kane, are Toews and Hossa and he doesn't play much with either of them anymore.

It's a little like saying Datsyuk only scores like he does because he's been (largely) on great teams. Aren't they great precisely BECAUSE Datsyuk scores like he does?

Not saying you're wrong, just that it's a little bit of a chicken and egg thing.

I agree with this. Kane played mostly with richards and versteeg last year.

I agree with this. Kane played mostly with richards and versteeg last year.

I hear what you guys are saying. There's definitely a chicken egg factor and like I said, Kane probably is the best american forward. But I think strength of team is a factor and not just regarding linemates. It also affects matchups.

If you're on a (relatively) one-trick pony team offensively, your opponent can match up their best shut down guys against you fairly regularly. Against a deeper team those matchups get spread thinner. Do you put your best guys against Toews line or Kanes?

Pacioretty will be close if he shows he can play at this level for several years like Kane. I'm pretty sure he will, but right now it's a no-brainer. If I need to start a team with one of those two - I'd need about 2 seconds of thinking time to pick Kane. Shame he's such a ****** though.