• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Adidas Gets NHL Jersey Deal

Rate this topic

I have a black car. :)

Also when I played high school hockey. A kid on my team had white skates. Let's just say we made fun of him a lot lol.

We had a guy we faced all the time that had white skates.. he got a lot of "what, were they all out of hockey skates?" :P

You two and your teammates have obviously never witnessed the awesome epicness that is a Seals game.

sealsleafs1972.jpg?w=1000

The only way ads will happen is if we all just shut up, sit down and take it. Basically when it happens we just need to yell and scream loud enough. If it comes to it do not watch or go to games and its a gg.

Edited by Krayzie_Bone

I don't think Adidas sucks BUT it's not like Bauer, CCM or Graf in other words it's not a hockey brand. So now a non hockey brand is going to design hockey jerseys another brilliant decision by the league.

What part of Adidas owns CCM did you not understand?

What part of Adidas owns CCM did you not understand?

I think what frank might be getting at is that even tho CCM is owned by Adidas, you can damn sure bet that CCM won't be left to work on these jerseys alone. It'll be hugely influenced by the parent company and we all know they're just not a hockey brand.

It really would be nice for once if the NHL could be left to be run by people and companies that truly care about hockey first, but we all know theres no money in that....

I think what frank might be getting at is that even tho CCM is owned by Adidas, you can damn sure bet that CCM won't be left to work on these jerseys alone. It'll be hugely influenced by the parent company and we all know they're just not a hockey brand.

It really would be nice for once if the NHL could be left to be run by people and companies that truly care about hockey first, but we all know theres no money in that....

Those company's don't exist. All major sporting goods manufactorers are owned by a larger company. Easton-Bell-Wilson, Warrior-New Balance, CCM-Reebok-Adidas-Taylor Made, etc.... Bauer was owned by Nike for a time but is currently back on their own. Graf is a very small company and doesn't have the $$$ needed.

I haven't been to a RW game in maybe 15 years-can't afford it. Imagine the cost without the huge sponsership deals. We may not like it, but that is the business of sports. It has worked its way done to high schools. Several HS's in the Grand Rapids area are now sponsered by the big name brands. Everything costs money and money must be raised.

As for Adidas as a company, it is one of the biggest and best in the world. TBH I like their products far more than Nike. Their history is to keep the experts around of the companies they buy. They didn't buy taylor Made and then change the way TM made golf clubs. They dumped more money into TM to produce better products. I am sure that is what they will be doing here.

I too like some of their products, specially the sneakers and beach wear. But the truth is they aren't a hockey company and it's just another evidence that the guys running this league would risk their own life if they saw a few cents on the street.

Graf makes the best and most comfortable skates out there, they do have a hockey background and have been in the business of hockey since forever. Adidas' only hockey background is buying CCM ...

The best thing would have been if each team decides on their own, this stupid league has to much power over the teams.

Marek versus Wishinsky just talked about that new deal also and some ideas are just hilarious like sponsored icing, PIMs I can see it now this fight was proudly brought to you by Hayabusa...Soon NHL players will look like walking billboards :(.

Edited by frankgrimes

I'll dedicate my loyalty as a consumer for life...to any company that buys all the Wings jersey sponsorship slots and makes them blank, and matches the same color jersey as they are wearing on any given night. Unless feminine/lady products, I will swear my financial alliance to this company. God help me if the company that did this is a horrible tasting beer...I guess I'd be drinking many for the "the team".

good news, everybody!

On Tuesday, the NHL confirmed what was reported last month — that Adidas is the league’s new official outfitter — but the real news came when commissioner Gary Bettman addressed the subject of jersey ads.

And by addressed, we mean emphatically shot down.

“We are not currently considering putting advertising on NHL jerseys,” he said. “There have been no discussions, formally or informally, with anybody about doing that.”

@THNKenCampbell

Bettman on ads: "We won't be the first (league) and you'd probably have to drag me kicking and screaming, which would take a lot of money."

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/09/15/nhl-announces-adidas-deal-jerseys-will-be-ad-free/