• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SetecX

New arena construction updates

Rate this topic

I just skimmed through that one so they might've mentioned it in there too but I read in the link below that the Illichs are also shopping things to help the surrounding area..

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20151104/NEWS/151109915/ilitches-add-95-million-worth-of-features-to-new-red-wings-arena?X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

"An additional $200 million-plus will be spent on a 45-block plan to rehabilitate and improve the neighborhoods surrounding the arena, known as The District Detroit and managed by Olympia. That will include housing, retail, office space and public green spaces."

"Last week, the Ilitch family announced it would donate money and land totaling $40 million for a new business school building for Wayne State University, the largest donation in the schools history. The Mike Ilitch School of Business project will be located in The District Detroit."

So awesome. I'm beyond stoked for the new arena and continued growth of Detroit.

This arena is going to be amazing. Awesome to see they are upping the ante to make it even sweeter. The suspended seating/walkway bit from the ceiling is cool. They have that at MSG. Anyways, I plan on going to the site this weekend to fly over it and will update the blog when I do.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2015/11/04/report-cost-new-red-wings-arena-rises/75146516/

Seems​ The I's have added $177M in upgrades to Cadillac Centre© in order to make it the most fan friendly and event friendly Arena in the NHL and the country. I really love the practice/amateur Hockey facility concept. Sure that means the kids won't be playing on the NHL ice (like they do at the Joe) but I am sure it will still be just as exciting to play there! (and yes, I am sticking with my name until otherwise named something else! :lol:)

People sure are going to be confused when they ride the people mover:

http://www.thepeoplemover.com/station-guide/cadillac-center/

I know its not practical but I'm sad to see that the arena won't be 1 bowl like the joe. I've been to 5 NHL rinks and still the Joe is the only one where I was mesmerized by the arena, every seat is a good seat.

I'm going to have to get to Detroit this year to experience it again before its too late

looks like the Zamboni doors will be in the corner rather than one of the ends of the rink.

I think that makes more sense cuz I feel the sight lines are better from a fan's perspective from a seat on the end vs a seat in the corner. Utilize the worst sight-lines for a zamboni entrance and save the rest for the fans.

It is funny, I still look at the Joe as a new arena. It was the new girl of the NHL back in the day,...sad, but I am sure this new "Red Barn" will be very nice!