• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SetecX

New arena construction updates

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Nondescript_D said:

Little Caesar was Marian Ilitch's nickname for Mike....I think it's a great name for the arena.  I think they ought to publicize the genesis of the name a bit more

I agree.  So much bitching about the name for what this man has done for the city of Detroit and the Red Wings organization.  

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Because the name is synonymous with bad pizza now, and it was a bait and switch with the roof design. Plus they could have done something like Gordie Howe Arena at Little Caesars Place.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

No just no. There's nothing more delicious than shoving a greasy hot n ready down my fat American maw. And knowing I only paid $5 for it, and will likely have a few slices left to eat the next day, makes it that much sweeter.

Go take your gluten free, free range, organic, $20, topping loaded, thing you like to call a pizza and eat it like a refined modern gentlemen with a fork and knife. I, with a super slice in each hand, will combo mambo up down the aisles of the little Caesars arena chanting PIZZA PIZZA with much glee.

8 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Because the name is synonymous with bad pizza now, and it was a bait and switch with the roof design. Plus they could have done something like Gordie Howe Arena at Little Caesars Place.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Yep, perfect opportunity to name the arena in Gordie's memory with him passing fairly recently. Should have been a no-brainer. Name it after pizza or the greatest NHL player of all time who has been with or around the team in some aspect since the mid-1940's...hmmmmm.....

Dumb.

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No just no. There's nothing more delicious than shoving a greasy hot n ready down my fat American maw. And knowing I only paid $5 for it, and will likely have a few slices left to eat the next day, makes it that much sweeter.

Go take your gluten free, free range, organic, $20, topping loaded, thing you like to call a pizza and eat it like a refined modern gentlemen with a fork and knife. I, with a super slice in each hand, will combo mambo up down the aisles of the little Caesars arena chanting PIZZA PIZZA with much glee.

I prefer a $10 pizza that doesn't taste like cardboard with ketchup a "grated cheese-like product" slathered over it.  
Even better, make the damn thing myself.

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Yep, perfect opportunity to name the arena in Gordie's memory with him passing fairly recently. Should have been a no-brainer. Name it after pizza or the greatest NHL player of all time who has been with or around the team in some aspect since the mid-1940's...hmmmmm.....

Dumb.

Even Mike Illitch Arena At Little Caesar's Place.  

On 5/12/2017 at 0:27 PM, Wing Across The Pond said:

Looking good dude. Out of interest, what drone do you use? Had a go on the Mavic recently and trying to decide between that and the GoPro Karma.

DJI Phantom 4. I'd recommend a DJI over the Karma.

23 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

I prefer a $10 pizza that doesn't taste like cardboard with ketchup a "grated cheese-like product" slathered over it.  
Even better, make the damn thing myself.

Even Mike Illitch Arena At Little Caesar's Place.  

Have fun with your fancy pants garlic sauce papa john. 

13 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

LOL.  What do Canadians know about pizza?  

What's there to know. Bread, cheese, sauce. If us Americans can figure it out, anyone can. Even the Saudis.

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

LOL.  What do Canadians know about pizza?  

Its not "Canadians" its all the Italian immigrants in windsor. I myself am Italian Canadian and I think I know a thing or two about pizza. 

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

Is it laced with Trudeau sauce?

Yes. No way around it, its mandatory now, doubles the tax and the price of the pizza too. And just like trudeau it doesn't add anything good to the pizza. Also I've heard it has turned some people liberal.