• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SetecX

New arena construction updates

Rate this topic

"The Detroit Downtown Development Authority, the public entity that owns the arena, is expected to collect $726 million in school property tax revenues through 2051. The money will be used to pay off $363 million in public investments in the $862-million arena and the surrounding development district. The DDA and Brownfield Redevelopment Authority were named in the initial suit.

A new DDA amendment proposal that council is to vote on June 20 would issue an additional $34.5 million in bonds to support the Pistons' relocation. The estimated cost of the project has increased from $450 million to $862 million. The project is anticipated to be 62% privately funded and 38% publicly funded."

That's disgusting.  How do you go over budget by 92%??????  Meanwhile, the publicly-funded percentage stayed the same.  Bunch of l*b**al BS.

24 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Senator Robert James Ritchie?

LOL why not? Not that Trump is the shinning example but the original folks that were congressman actually worked for a living vs feeding off the taxpayers and lobbyists. We had a discussion the other night shouldn't senators and representatives be paid by the state they represent vs getting their pay from the federal govt? Then cabinet ambassadors would be be paid by the fed as they represent the US. 

Something to chew on a Friday afternoon and a massive thread drift...

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

Looks damn good. Good 'video capture' too. IF we make the playoffs, I Will be in that arena if I have my health. Long trip for me so won't be attending regular season games unfortunately.