• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SetecX

New arena construction updates

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Na it's ok. I was trying to appropriate his culture.

That dude taking acid at the Kaaba has some serious cojones wowow

and a bit hardcore too, don't want to think about having a bad trip surrounded by that many people. 

On 8/12/2017 at 3:40 AM, NerveDamage said:

5d7c9169e6daf72599b2c656970bed81--albino

In a Majority of countries in Africa this dude would be in serious trouble. Every part of his body would be sold at a price higher than gold.

Better not travel to much.

19 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Turning out to be a very unique looking building.

Also - 'arena' is not capital.

you just got me thinking...

the name is Little Caesars , it's not Little Caesar's, so... shouldn't there be many Little Caesar(s) in the logo for it to make sense? I mean, how many Caesars are out there? 

Ice is being put in:

Video board also being tested, along with banners in the rafters.  Although, if you look through some of the Instagram posts on either the arena's page or the District Detroit page, it appears the banners keep disappearing/reappearing.  So I don't know if they keep taking them down or if there is a system in place where they get wrapped up.

On 8/15/2017 at 5:33 PM, NerveDamage said:

you just got me thinking...

the name is Little Caesars , it's not Little Caesar's, so... shouldn't there be many Little Caesar(s) in the logo for it to make sense? I mean, how many Caesars are out there? 

They should add this guy. Now, that would make a badass roof.thompsonlittle-caesar-poster-tommy-gun.jpg.1cf87cbfd1d1b57aa6d17e53de29e890.jpg

Wonder if Illitch meant for the mafia reference.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

32 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

Currently planning on attending the Flyers and Blackhawks games at theLCA, and was thinking of getting some tickets in advance, but don't know on which end will the Wings be shooting twice, does anybody know?

Section  111-120 ok? 

Yes, 111-120 is the visitors end, where the Wings would shoot twice. Being on the opposite side in the Wings end, 107-124, gives you a better view for warm-ups and for the potential overtime though. My go-to seats are always upper lower bowl, or lower upper bowl at or around center ice, so 108-110 or 121-123. It's all about personal preference though.

mapRedWings.jpg

53 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, 111-120 is the visitors end, where the Wings would shoot twice. Being on the opposite side in the Wings end, 107-124, gives you a better view for warm-ups and for the potential overtime though. My go-to seats are always upper lower bowl, or lower upper bowl at or around center ice, so 108-110 or 121-123. It's all about personal preference though.

mapRedWings.jpg

ticketmaster has it flipped... hence my confusion, I think.

6 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

Currently planning on attending the Flyers and Blackhawks games at theLCA, and was thinking of getting some tickets in advance, but don't know on which end will the Wings be shooting twice, does anybody know?

Section  111-120 ok? 

The end where the Zamboni comes out of is where the Wings will be shooting twice. That's where i would go as well i've noticed on the virtual venue that seats diectly behind the goals in Row #1 cost like $205 dollars all other rows from #2 to #19 are like $113 dollars major difference there.

6 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

Section  111-120 ok? 

So section 115 or 116 is probably where you would want too be.

On 8/17/2017 at 4:11 PM, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

They should add this guy. Now, that would make a badass roof.thompsonlittle-caesar-poster-tommy-gun.jpg.1cf87cbfd1d1b57aa6d17e53de29e890.jpg

Wonder if Illitch meant for the mafia reference.

Mother of mercy, is this the end for Kenny?  

On 8/17/2017 at 3:22 PM, F.Michael said:

Side note...

Nothing to do with the new arena in Detroit...Just a rant on my behalf.

Here in Milwaukee - they're half-way thru in building a new arena for the NBA Milwaukee Bucks.

Back in the '80s - Lloyd, and  wife Jane Pettit were pursuing an NHL franchise...They were told that then 'Mecca Arena' (built in 1949) was too small, and outdated...So they built the Bradley Center which in 1988 was seen as 1 of the most innovative/modern arenas at the time. 

Flash forward a few years later - the Pettit's (read wife Jane) chose not to pony up the $50 million expansion fee, and that franchise then went to Tampa.

Long story short - the 'BC' was built for an NHL franchise...The Bucks became the #1 tenant...The IHL/AHL Milwaukee Admirals (who were owned by the Pettit's from 1976 till 2005) played at the 'BC' until last year - they got the boot, and are now once again back at the old 'Mecca Arena'.

Not only to add fuel to the fire...The new Bucks owners demanded a new arena (oh btw - tax payer $$$ will be used) because the 'BC' is considered 'run down', and 'not up to par' with other facilities around the nation...The 'BC' will get torn down sometime in 2018.

In summation...F*ck the NBA.

Bucks should come to KC.  I sometimes forget Milwaukee even has a team.  

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'll be in Detroit in early December. Am I not going to be able to get tickets, or are they just going to be a fortune?

Depends on what game you're looking at.  Most of the games still have tickets available through the box office.  However, it depends on the opponent.  For example, I was looking at the Leafs game on December 15th.  Upper bowl & mezzanine seats are running about $160.00 + each.  Mezzanine seats between the blue lines are $250.00 each.  Lower bowl run like $218.00 to $500.00 each.  The more expensive seats are between the blue lines on either side of the ice. 

For the Winnipeg game on December 5th, upper bowl tickets are under $100.00 each, mezzanine seats range between $85.00 & $150.00, and lower bowl tickets are over $100.00 each.

Now, you might be able to get tickets for cheaper through StubHub or Ticket Exchange.

11 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Ventured over to Ticketmaster to check out the pricing - or should I say 'price gouging'...

Unfortunately, the prices were set by the team, so it really isn't Ticketmaster 'price gouging.'