• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SetecX

New arena construction updates

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

LCA Will Replace All 18,600 Red Seats With Black Ones

In an attempt to appear less empty. Sad!

Sounds like something Vince McMahon would do.  It'd be nice if we could replace Chris Ilitch's empty brain with that of an owner who actually has a clue and wants to win.  

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

LCA Will Replace All 18,600 Red Seats With Black Ones

In an attempt to appear less empty. Sad!

So spending millions of dollars to swap out empty seats makes more sense than lowering ticket prices to actually put butts in those seats?

9 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So spending millions of dollars to swap out empty seats makes more sense than lowering ticket prices to actually put butts in those seats?

QFT!

I have yet to attend a game at the LCA, but I can only imagine what the cost of concessions are as well.

I took the family to St.Louis for a game against the Sharks this past spring - much cheaper tickets, and 2 quality NHL teams played that night...I have no regrets.

14 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Probably from an accountants view, yes it does. They'll be able to write off a good deal of the costs for improvements. They wouldn't get any tax advantages in lowering ticket prices. 

And, the problem isn't with unsold seats. It's that no one is buying them on the resale market. All of those empty seats are already sold, it's just getting someone to sit their ass in them. It also doesn't help that all of those empty seats around center ice are part of the clubs that have unlimited food and drinks, right down the portal, 15 feet from the arena seats. Did I forget to mention the leather couches, and TV's everywhere you look? It's like they took The Olympia Club, and then built 3 of them, The Players, West, and East, and they wonder why the arena seats are empty. 

It was like that all last year. I can't imagine anything has changed since then. I missed the preseason, and the home opener, because I spent a little bit longer than planned, sailing home from training camp, but I'm expecting to see more of the same Thursday night against Tarranna. Maybe some Leafs fans will have sprung for some good seats, and actually make the place look full for a change. 

Wouldn't it be easier to just project hologram images of people in the stands to make it look full?

2 hours ago, BigWillieStyle said:

Probably from an accountants view, yes it does. They'll be able to write off a good deal of the costs for improvements. They wouldn't get any tax advantages in lowering ticket prices. 

And, the problem isn't with unsold seats. It's that no one is buying them on the resale market. All of those empty seats are already sold, it's just getting someone to sit their ass in them. It also doesn't help that all of those empty seats around center ice are part of the clubs that have unlimited food and drinks, right down the portal, 15 feet from the arena seats. Did I forget to mention the leather couches, and TV's everywhere you look? It's like they took The Olympia Club, and then built 3 of them, The Players, West, and East, and they wonder why the arena seats are empty. 

It was like that all last year. I can't imagine anything has changed since then. I missed the preseason, and the home opener, because I spent a little bit longer than planned, sailing home from training camp, but I'm expecting to see more of the same Thursday night against Tarranna. Maybe some Leafs fans will have sprung for some good seats, and actually make the place look full for a change. 

Wouldn't it be easier to just project hologram images of people in the stands to make it look full?

I tell you when I go to watch a game, I go to watch THE GAME.  I don't meander around, or go to the bathroom (I make sure I go before the game), or buy anything whether food or souvenirs, because I don't want to miss one bit of the action on the ice. 

1 hour ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

I tell you when I go to watch a game, I go to watch THE GAME.  I don't meander around, or go to the bathroom (I make sure I go before the game), or buy anything whether food or souvenirs, because I don't want to miss one bit of the action on the ice. 

You're an old school fan :thumbup:

I recall the Chicago Stadium...Went to a handful of games there...Upon entering the that old barn - you were literally 'corralled' to your seat, or in my case standing room.

There really wasn't a concourse per say - just an area where you went to the bathroom, and a few 'windows' for purchasing food/drinks/etc.

Today the owners want to separate us from our $$$ once we enter their establishment; numerous options to pick, and choose from along the vast concourse.

5 hours ago, BigWillieStyle said:

688c959039c715d33faa6a61f7a5e1f4.jpg

6 hours ago, BigWillieStyle said:

Accountants are nerds.

Or cardboard cutouts.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/japanese-soccer-cardboard-fans

Image result for cardboard cutouts for stadiums

On 10/10/2018 at 2:17 PM, Hockeymom1960 said:

I will never understand why people don’t do this. Hell I get there early to watch warmups even. Doesn’t matter if it’s college or NHL. I’m there to watch! 

It's the millenials. They want everything in one. It's like smartphones: music, phone, texting, web surfing, photography, games, etc. It's not enough to go to LCA just for one thing (the game). You have to include more than that or they won't go.

Going to LCA just to see a hockey game would be like using your phone....as a phone.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

2 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

I saw that, I really want one of those, or 2...

too bad I can't go and pick 'em up.

Actually some decent signage you can bid on too, opening bid $25

968085a6777d47b20aa0819b9678f371

51bc4e998ee9937e759c814bdf1c97a5

The infamous troughs, opening bid is $5

400de96c26c9f5e9181ae7a28b4cf467

You can get a goddamn spot light too... opening bid $5!

199443a3dd2ed22eded0121de6b76bcb

But yeah I think you have to go down and pick up ur crap in person. They won't ship to you.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Actually some decent signage you can bid on too, opening bid $25

968085a6777d47b20aa0819b9678f371

51bc4e998ee9937e759c814bdf1c97a5

The infamous troughs, opening bid is $5

400de96c26c9f5e9181ae7a28b4cf467

You can get a goddamn spot light too... opening bid $5!

199443a3dd2ed22eded0121de6b76bcb

But yeah I think you have to go down and pick up ur crap in person. They won't ship to you.

bummer...

lol that trough reminded me of this...