• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Dan Cleary re-signing still possible?

Rate this topic

I dont want this to happen, but I'm not going to lie, it would be hilarious to watch a couple people on this site freak out about it.

I will be one of them. Dear god, this guy has got to start living in reality. It's not 2009 anymore...

It's been what, 4 years since he's been any sort of useful? He's already been given 2 charity contracts (which is just something that should never ever happen if you're serious about putting together a competitive team).

I'm sure at one point he was a good 'locker room guy', but I can't see any way in which his behavior over the past few seasons could have been good for morale, especially for the younger guys. I'm sure watching a guy, with no production whatsoever, collect a paycheck just for showing up and going through the motions at practices is a great example to set

I don't even want him on the Griffins. In fact, I don't even want him with the organization in any capacity anymore. GO AWAY DAN!!! GO AWAY!

No one should have a problem with the situation Khan explained. I'm just surprised that Cleary would consider playing in the minors. That's kinda placing himself further away from the organization than if he took a front office job. Must be really embracing that leadership role.

I don't really care; after all, where's the money going to go at this point anyways? But I don't really get it. I don't know what he's trying to prove at this point. I almost feel bad for him more than anything. He must really be struggling with letting go. I can understand that, but man...at some point, it shouldn't be Holland who has to say "no." Dan should know by now.

Edited by gcom007

I don't follow this type of Internet sports journalism so I'm not familiar with the standards, but shouldn't the author be citing or referencing a source?

I mean, what's the point of this article otherwise? The Red Wings MIGHT still sign Dan Cleary? Ok, an article stating they might not sign him would be just as valid and just as pointless.

I would be very upset for sure! But there is another player who's name can be inserted in place of Cleary's and it would all mean the same...hasn't been useful in 3-4 years, its not 2009 anymore, at one point was a good locker room guy, just showing up to collect a paycheck...yet, everyone thinks this player will somehow channel his old self and return to his glory days!

I don't want either of them on this team, but for arguments sake, why is it not out of the realm of possibility to think that Cleary could also channel his old self? I doubt it will happen, just like I doubt the other player will either...at least there is mention of sending Cleary to GR to avoid losing a prospect to waivers for him....again...or will he?

I would be very upset for sure! But there is another player who's name can be inserted in place of Cleary's and it would all mean the same...hasn't been useful in 3-4 years, its not 2009 anymore, at one point was a good locker room guy, just showing up to collect a paycheck...yet, everyone thinks this player will somehow channel his old self and return to his glory days!

I don't want either of them on this team, but for arguments sake, why is it not out of the realm of possibility to think that Cleary could also channel his old self? I doubt it will happen, just like I doubt the other player will either...at least there is mention of sending Cleary to GR to avoid losing a prospect to waivers for him....again...or will he?

Because Cleary didn't score 22 points in 33 games last season. He scored 2 points in 17 games. Franzen scored 11 times the points in just under half the amount of games Cleary played. That's why it's reasonable to expect points from Franzen and not from Cleary. Obviously.

Your insistence that Franzen is washed up, and that he's somehow comparable to Cleary is completely and totally absurd.

Resistance is futile I hear, or at least the Borg think so

*make it so number 1*

Hope a Danny can be a role model in GR, stay out of NHL level, need room for the kids

Edited by Rivalred

to be fair, I never mentioned names outside of Cleary...and I only used an example to make the point that if it can be hoped and expected for one player to return to better days, it is no out of the realm to hope and expect Cleary to do so...maybe that is why he keeps getting a contract and why Holland and company hold out hope for him, just like they keep and hold out hope for another player...

So my comment was 100% on topic. Commenting as to why maybe Cleary still may be offered a contract to try to prove he can still play...isn't that what the other player you mentioned, Kip, is trying to do? Honor his contract and prove to himself and the organization that he might be able to contribute to this team? In this case and topic, both players are 100% comparable as well as hoping neither hang on too long and cause more deserving prospects to be lost to waivers, which by some of the other comments in this thread is a concern if they keep Cleary, "need room for the kids" "GR is already over flowing..." just to quote a couple.

So in your head, Kip, its OK to tell Dan it's time to hang them up, you are impeding the kids, you are washed up, will never regain your 2009 career, yet when it comes to another player, it is asinine comments? Why? Just because you like the other player and not Danny? These situations are exactly the same and my comments are 100% on topic in this thread.

Mister Cleary oh the time has come

And you know that you're the only one to say, you'll play

Where you going whatcha lookin for?

You know those goals you scored can not be scored no more by you. It's true

And you'll need aspirin

If you play you might

Your knees just ain't that right

You'll be in the press box tonight

Aspiriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....

There's no reference even sited in any of these clickbait articles, they are trying to drum up site hits when it's slow

That's why I stay away from every "the hockey writers" article, usually mlive has somewhat decent content.

Slow off season though, ken Holland brought in good ufas, and bought out Weiss, so there's nothing else to complain about, just speculating and hoping for his next slip up.

That's why I stay away from every "the hockey writers" article, usually mlive has somewhat decent content.

Slow off season though, ken Holland brought in good ufas, and bought out Weiss, so there's nothing else to complain about, just speculating and hoping for his next slip up.

Speaking of Weiss, is he still unsigned?