• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Moving Jimmy Howard

Rate this topic

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/if-the-wings-decided-to-move-jimmy-howard-would-edmonton-be-a-fit

Seems pretty clear based on the way things went last season and into the playoffs, that Mrazek should be starting between the pipes this season. This article suggests that the Oilers would be a logical destination. Do you agree Jimmy should be moved? Can you guys think of any other ideal teams to possibly trade with? And if so, who would you like in return? And keep in mind this isn't NHL 16, so unrealistic scenarios need not apply.

Goalie is a position that I personally need to see more than 1 playoff round and less than half a season in order to ship out my starting goaltender. But that's me. Jimmy wasn't nearly good enough last season, but Mrazek needs to prove it again this season, or at least through Christmas, for me to seriously consider it.

No. I wouldn't even consider it until next summer.

1. The Red Wings are a better team with both Mrazek and Howard than with any pieces they could possibly get for Howard.

2. Howard was a really good goalie until January last season and Mrazek hasn't seen the grind of a full NHL season yet.

3. What's the insurance policy if you trade Howard and Mrazek gets hurt?

Not until we have a reliable back up for Mrazek is Jimmy expendable. Our other goalie prospects are barely fit for 3rd string duties right now.

Exactly. Mrazek/McCollum would be scary. Jimmy is'nt going anywhere yet. No need to pull a San Jose and head into the season with two goalies with a combined 83 NHL games under their belts.

I suspect Jimmy comes back better than ever and we will be moving Mrazek.

Mrazek won't be going anywhere.

Doesn't he have a full ntc or is it modified. I can't remember. I miss capgeek :(

I dint know why everyone is so down on McCollum. He was pretty good in the two times he played last season. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot. He was good in the ahl too

I dint know why everyone is so down on McCollum. He was pretty good in the two times he played last season. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot. He was good in the ahl too

McCollum is OK, but i'd just be leery of having two rookies in goal for a full season. Better to ease one in along with a veteran. Howard had Osgood to mentor him for a couple seasons, now Mrazek has Howard to do the same.

Everyone seems to only remember the shutouts that Mrazek got, and completely forget the very next game when he was consistently pulled. Mrazek had one good playoff series and a very inconsistent regular season, and that's not enough to give him the number 1 job and get rid of the insurance.

This. People either forget about this, or they're blinded by the "newness" of Petr. These are some save percentages he posted last season - usually a rough outing, followed by a very solid one:

.840 - .971
.813 - .933
.857 - .962
.667 - .957
.765 - .977
.895 - 1.000

Clearly, he's got the ability to bounce back after ugly games, but he's gotta work on his consistency. So yeah, I definitely agree. It's good to have another solid goalie while he develops... you know, like that Jimmy Howard guy.

Edited by Jesusberg

Exactly. Mrazek/McCollum would be scary. Jimmy is'nt going anywhere yet. No need to pull a San Jose and head into the season with two goalies with a combined 83 NHL games under their belts.

Mrazek won't be going anywhere.

I know that was just putting it in to bring it back around to the question.

Unless someone offered us something we cant refuse, keep Howard. His value is low right now and we wont get alot for him. Best case for us is both play great this year and then in the offseason someone needs a goalie and we have some leverage. Plus, Mrazek without a safety net scares me a bit.

Mrazek is unproven and still has to round out his game, there a lot of goalies who come in but after while they come back down to earth because other teams are figuring them out and adjusting their attack style accordingly.

Howard is a capable proven number 1 sure he is not elite but only a few guys are. Also with Blashill coming in everyone will have to earn the trust of the new coach so I expect Howard to have one hell of a season and around 10 - 15 games for Mrazek if Howard stays healthy.