• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chaps80

Gustavsson gets tryout with Bruins

Rate this topic

Goaltender Jonas Gustavsson will attend training camp with the Boston Bruins on a tryout, Sportsnet reported Friday.

Gustavsson, who turns 31 on Oct. 24, was limited to seven games with the Detroit Red Wings last season because of a separated shoulder and concussion symptoms. He was 3-3-1 with a 2.56 goals-against average and a .911 save percentage.

Gustavsson became an unrestricted free agent July 1. He is 60-55-21 in 148 games with the Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs.

Goalies Malcolm Subban, Zane McIntyre and Jeremy Smith also will be in Bruins camp competing for the backup job behind Tuukka Rask.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=778256&navid=nhl:topheads

Good for him. Hopefully he plays well, gets a contact, and has better luck with his injury woes this season.

Edited by chaps80

I wish him nothing but the best. Guy lost his mother then came to Toronto in a trainwreck situation and thanks to Toskala got called up way too early (he never played on smaller ice before). I think he has shown what he can do when he is healthy so I hope it works out for him, guy deserves all the good faith in the world.

Hopefully he can stay healthy still sad to see him go

I wish him nothing but the best. Guy lost his mother then came to Toronto in a trainwreck situation and thanks to Toskala got called up way too early (he never played on smaller ice before). I think he has shown what he can do when he is healthy so I hope it works out for him, guy deserves all the good faith in the world.

Hopefully he can stay healthy still sad to see him go

Not to mention the joke of a goalie coach he had to work with. What a mess.

Seems like a perfect scenario. Rask will probably start about 79 games anyways, so Monster can play three, which is about his max before getting hurt.

Yeah, and Malcolm Subban has only played 1 NHL. They probably wouldn't trust him as a backup, but they'll want him to get more games. He'll get those games whenever Monster gets injures.

Yeah, and Malcolm Subban has only played 1 NHL. They probably wouldn't trust him as a backup, but they'll want him to get more games. He'll get those games whenever Monster gets injures.

From reading what some Bruins fans think, Smith would be the most likely guy to get the call out of three younger guys, either by winning the backup job in camp, or being third string behind Monster. Subban isn't quite ready apparently.

From reading what some Bruins fans think, Smith would be the most likely guy to get the call out of three younger guys, either by winning the backup job in camp, or being third string behind Monster. Subban isn't quite ready apparently.

Interesting. I don't know much about their prospects, but Subban's been given a lot of hype (some assumed to be inflated due to his family name, but nonetheless) so I thought he was in line. Subban's also the only one of their prospect goalies that has played a game in the NHL even if he's only played 1.

Anyway, I think they'll take Gustavsson

Interesting. I don't know much about their prospects, but Subban's been given a lot of hype (some assumed to be inflated due to his family name, but nonetheless) so I thought he was in line. Subban's also the only one of their prospect goalies that has played a game in the NHL even if he's only played 1.

Anyway, I think they'll take Gustavsson

Yeah, Subban is in line for sure. He might be ready to make the jump now, who knows. Might just be their fans hoping he's brought along more slowly and gets consistent playing time in Providence instead of riding the bench in Boston behind Rask, who has shown he can play a ton of games.

I think they'll take Gus too. They can sign him for cheap i'm sure, and if he stays healthy he'll be a solid option in goal while Subban develops his game more.

I don't believe so.

He had heart problems his first two years in Toronto, then was pulled his first game back after resigning in Toronto for concerns with his heart.

I don't recall the years, but I think he had been with us since then and he was on ir every year.

I could be wrong, but I think he's been on it every year.