• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Kane case headed to grand jury

Rate this topic

That model tried to extort $2,000 from jagr not a couple hundred grand

Wasn't even the model herself. It was someone who got the pics.

Back to Kane, I doubt he'll never pick up another girl again. He may want to keep meetings public until he actually gets to know her. In my day, that was called "dating". I doubt he'll do that.

I actually hope this thing goes to jury just so that the evidence will be at the forefront of discussion rather than the whole "he said, she said" thing with people injecting personal bias into it.

I was impressed with that DA. At least the people looking at the evidence are not looking for a dog and pony show or publicity.

Hell, have you ever seen the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary "Broke"? Many professional athletes have been targeted by people who want nothing more than to get a piece of their bank. If that is what is happening here with Kane, then he should consider himself lucky if he isn't prosecuted or found not guilty. This woman probably saw a mark and is trying to extort money from him. Heck, just like the 18 year old model who tried to extort a couple hundred grand from Jagr, these cases are not isolated.

He should be very wary now that he signed that insane deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va2qj4Zv4QM

Let's wait for the justice system to rule out what happened before we assume she's just after a pay cheque.

Let's wait for the justice system to rule out what happened before we assume she's just after a pay cheque.

This. We don't know anything. (And as rape cases often go, we peobably never will.) Maybe there is other evidence and/or witnesses. Maybe the rape kit was analyzed before it got into the mothers hands. Innocent until proven guilty also applys to the girl.

This. We don't know anything. (And as rape cases often go, we peobably never will.) Maybe there is other evidence and/or witnesses. Maybe the rape kit was analyzed before it got into the mothers hands. Innocent until proven guilty also applys to the girl.

I could be mistaken, but what I've read is that no part of the rape kit was ever out of police/examiners hold. The bag the mother had was supposedly one that was sent with her to return the accusers top in.

Diese ganze situation ist durcheinander.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

One of two things is happening right now.

1. Kane did it, and the Mother being a Mother is scared that Kane is going to be found innocent due to the rape kit findings, and as a result she is going to extreme's to get justice.

2. Kane did not do it, and the Mother/Daughter are trying to pull a fast one.

Which of these is it...I have no clue and I don't want to speculate. All I can hope for is that the truth is found regardless of what it is.

Overall I've been impressed by the way that LGRW and has handled this but the one thing that has bothered me most has been the "why would a successful guy need to rape someone?!" posts. Here's the thing...in all the time I've spent with these kind of guys, the scary ones have been the most successful. They've rarely been told "no" and often see it as an insult. This has been bothering me because if you have been told that your talent means that women will always want you, it can be genuinely confusing to these guys to be told that someone doesn't want you. I don't know if Kane is guilty or what happeed that night but it's not inconceivable to me that he didn't understand WHY a woman would refuse him and therefore didn't accept it. This doesn't condemn the woman OR Kane but just that I believe that consent is a difficult issue (especially for people with status) and this is something that should be addressed with players.

Overall I've been impressed by the way that LGRW and has handled this but the one thing that has bothered me most has been the "why would a successful guy need to rape someone?!" posts. Here's the thing...in all the time I've spent with these kind of guys, the scary ones have been the most successful. They've rarely been told "no" and often see it as an insult. This has been bothering me because if you have been told that your talent means that women will always want you, it can be genuinely confusing to these guys to be told that someone doesn't want you. I don't know if Kane is guilty or what happeed that night but it's not inconceivable to me that he didn't understand WHY a woman would refuse him and therefore didn't accept it. This doesn't condemn the woman OR Kane but just that I believe that consent is a difficult issue (especially for people with status) and this is something that should be addressed with players.

Good post.

I have a friend that was a baseball prospect that was drafted by an MLB team and I remember him telling me that when he was playing for a Single A or AA affiliate team he would have to attend classes or seminars on how to handle himself in public, and he had another class on teaching athletes about women trying to "accuse of rape" or "sleep around" with them to try and get a payday to help educate them (not saying that's what happened here). But like you said, it's always about them and never about the other person, so they don't really know how to handle the rejection part of it. You are completely right, when you are extremely successful and everyone says Yes to you all the time then hearing the No word doesn't always go over to well.

I am not assuming anything at this point. Presenting a video where professional athletes have went broke for various reasons, including being taken advantage of, isn't bias. So far, there is no proof of innocence or guilt. Either way, I hope the truth comes out for the sake of the NHL and hockey and Kane is either exonerated or put in jail accordingly.

I am not assuming anything at this point. Presenting a video where professional athletes have went broke for various reasons, including being taken advantage of, isn't bias. So far, there is no proof of innocence or guilt. Either way, I hope the truth comes out for the sake of the NHL and hockey and Kane is either exonerated or put in jail accordingly.

Sorry I might have misunderstood your original post.

One way to avoid this kind of craziness....Call girl.

Go out on date at Kanes $$ value he could get top quality what happens happens. Strictly business.

Sounds crass but hey you have a big bank account and until you find the ONE you take care of base needs via a business method. No dragging into court, no chance of paternity suit, no baggage etc. Still can date but avoid the traps of potential money grubbers.(as far as the current situation I dont have a clue nor would I profess to)

Kinda like taking a limo vs driving after drinking is best way to avoid the DUI...

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

One way to avoid this kind of craziness....Call girl.

Go out on date at Kanes $$ value he could get top quality what happens happens. Strictly business.

Sounds crass but hey you have a big bank account and until you find the ONE you take care of base needs via a business method. No dragging into court, no chance of paternity suit, no baggage etc. Still can date but avoid the traps of potential money grubbers.(as far as the current situation I dont have a clue nor would I profess to)

Kinda like taking a limo vs driving after drinking is best way to avoid the DUI...

Or a cab or dd or arranged ride for those of us non rich folk

Tread carefully with that article. I'm scouring to find the one released weeks ago that explained that this wasn't uncommon, as sperm profiles as old as 5 years can be found on clothing samples submitted for rape kits. Other recent articles have called into question that the rape kit was ended early due to "equipment malfunction." Any way you cut it, it seems as though the evidence or lack there of in this case has been compromised.