• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

2015-2016 expectations

Rate this topic

Wow. Pretty diverse opinions on the Wings this year. Last week Kevin Allen predicted we would be a Cup contender.

This week, Frank Seravalli says we won't make the playoffs. Lol. Bold prediction indeed.

http://www.tsn.ca/30-bold-predictions-for-the-nhl-season-1.371841

In fairness to Seravalli, he did call them "bold predictions".

Also, Seravalli is the biggest knob in the tsn family and I rarely agree with anything he says. How the hell did he get that job?

His predictions are hardly "bold" as he claims. His predictions seem like the kinds of things someone with only a passing knowledge of the NHL would guess.

"Kessel will score 50 goals"? That's not bold. Bold is suggesting that his point totals won't drastically INCREASE. Everybody thinks he'll score more.

"Buffalo will be better, but fall just short of the playoffs". Really? How could they not be better than last year if they added a better coach, plus O'Reilly, Franson, Eichel, and Reinhart to the everyday roster.

"Chicago will be fighting for a playoff spot". How bold. You think maybe that's because he lost Oduya, Sharp, Bickell, Saad, and Richards in one offseason?

None of that stuff is bold. It's obvious and entirely lacks a nuanced understanding of the game.

The past few years have all been: have a good start, get towards the top, have injuries and then scramble to make the PO's. I expect that to continue. Yes we finished 3rd last year, but had to win our last 2 games to even make the PO's. it is that close in the East. Yes we should have 95-100 points again. But we haven't made any real improvements yet. The kids are the key. when Z, Pav, Green, Franzen etc get hurt-and they will get hurt and miss time, are the guys in GR ready to come up and carry the load? Is Blashill ready to lead every day for an 82 game season at the NHL level?

When I add all of this up I end up in the smae spot I have been for several years. Finish somehwere between 6-10 fighting untill game 82 for the PO's. Yes in January we will be torwards the top of the East. So we shall see.

The past few years have all been: have a good start, get towards the top, have injuries and then scramble to make the PO's. I expect that to continue. Yes we finished 3rd last year, but had to win our last 2 games to even make the PO's. it is that close in the East. Yes we should have 95-100 points again. But we haven't made any real improvements yet. The kids are the key. when Z, Pav, Green, Franzen etc get hurt-and they will get hurt and miss time, are the guys in GR ready to come up and carry the load? Is Blashill ready to lead every day for an 82 game season at the NHL level?

When I add all of this up I end up in the smae spot I have been for several years. Finish somehwere between 6-10 fighting untill game 82 for the PO's. Yes in January we will be torwards the top of the East. So we shall see.

Jeez. That sounds exhausting. Why go through all that? Why not just start to #tankit right off the bat?