• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Islanders Unveil New Alternate Jersey

Rate this topic

Still love that logo. But those jerseys are all kinds of blah.

Still better than the Captain Highliner ones from the 90s.

edit: I guess they're probably trying to be all cool and street for the move to Brooklyn.

The fisherman logo actually was creative and bold. It reminded me of the fisherman from "I Know What You Did Last Summer". I understood the criticism, however. But you can't deny the attempt at creativity.

This jersey is like the black jersey the Stars had recently. Or the ones the Ducks wore. No creativity whatsoever.

The fisherman logo actually was creative and bold. It reminded me of the fisherman from "I Know What You Did Last Summer". I understood the criticism, however. But you can't deny the attempt at creativity.

This jersey is like the black jersey the Stars had recently. Or the ones the Ducks wore. No creativity whatsoever.

Yeah. It's pretty safe and very boring. No different than if the Wings made every red part of their jerseys black. Let's pray NYI and don't meet LA in the finals.

Black Jersey with a white somewhat designed logo this screams Yormark

this is easily as bad or maybe even worse than the Canucks going from the cool C with the killerwhale to the stick with the rectangle.

If I were an islanders fan I'd be pissed of colors are part of the tradition

Edited by frankgrimes

Black Jersey with a white somewhat designed logo this screams Yormark

this is easily as bad or maybe even worse than the Canucks going from the cool C with the killerwhale to the stick with the rectangle.

If I were an islanders fan I'd be pissed of colors are part of the tradition

The killer whale Canuck was actually worse than the stick logo, simply because the current colors are better. However, Vancouver should have kept the Halloween colors from the early 90's. Those were awesome. The Flying V was interesting too, but was too corny to last.

Brooklyn nets are black and white.

The isles will be eventually too.

Here's a question. Since they want to associate with Brooklyn, why still have "NY" written on the jersey? They're trying to keep the worst of both worlds here. Nets colors but keep the NY lettering.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Yo!

Yous got a problem wit Brooklyn?

How come the Brooklyn Brawler wore Yankees stuff on most of his tattered clothing? They play in the Bronx.

Horrible.

To be honest I've always felt that the Killer Whale themed logo was sorta lame.

Their retro jersey from the early 70's is quite nice...

Whoever designed this jersey and colors should have been thrown in a prison somewhere in Manitoba.

jersey_oct_full_063008.jpg

How come the Brooklyn Brawler wore Yankees stuff on most of his tattered clothing? They play in the Bronx.

...because Wrestling? or rather, because Vincent Kennedy McMahon thinks that the Yankees rep' all of NYC.

I'll start off by saying that I've never been to NYC, but from what I understand - those that live on Long Island (including the borough of Brooklyn) tend to be fans of the Mets, Jets, Nets, and Isles.

Those that live elsewhere in the greater NYC area tend to be Yankee, Giants, Knicks, and Ranger fans.

So yeah - the guy should have a Mets jersey on...

Or a Brooklyn Dodgers jersey.

it's unbelievable the companies designing this stuff are getting paid millions and then come of with something like this?

I think in terms of Canucks the killerwhale on the retro jerseys would have looked much better.

I mean how hard is it to come up with a real logo instead of a slightly customized NY?

I'm pretty sure Jay Z designed or had input with the black and white Nets jerseys. This is just following suit. Someone should look that up though because that could have been from a dream of mine.

I'm pretty sure Jay Z designed or had input with the black and white Nets jerseys. This is just following suit. Someone should look that up though because that could have been from a dream of mine.

His company Roca wear designed them, and that's what I said.

Their following in the color scheme of the nets, but I do agree the giant NY logo then makes zero sense.

But whatevs.

I won't be wearing them.