• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

Islanders turn cold blooded on top prospect

Rate this topic

"Tavares can wait, I need my ZZZs" - Josh Ho Sang.

Reminds me of that time Evander Kane showed up on game day in a track suit. Too bad Dustin Byfulgien wasn't there to throw all of Ho Sang's gear in the shower or something.

Side note: Imagine having to deal with Dustin Byfuglien every time you did something s***ty. Yikes indeed.

Edited by kipwinger

I honestly don't know anything about the kid. I've never heard of him before I read the article.

He just seems to stir the pot wherever he goes. While in Windsor, he hinted that Warren Rychel made some race-related remarks, then kind of backpedaled afterward. Ho-Sang's also called out Hockey Canada after not making their U20 squad.

He just seems to stir the pot wherever he goes. While in Windsor, he hinted that Warren Rychel made some race-related remarks, then kind of backpedaled afterward. Ho-Sang's also called out Hockey Canada after not making their U20 squad.

There was an interview with his one of his junior coaches that said their were a lot of reasons they had to trade, but they wouldn't say what they were exactly. Was this it?

Or is that another situation?

Cuz he does seem to cause drama everywhere he goes.

There was an interview with his one of his junior coaches that said their were a lot of reasons they had to trade, but they wouldn't say what they were exactly. Was this it?

Or is that another situation?

Cuz he does seem to cause drama everywhere he goes.

Just numerous events. He seem to just be a s*** disturber. Doesn't take direction well - wants to do what he wants to do, etc. From a Windsor Star article: http://blogs.windsorstar.com/sports/for-nov-15-josh-ho-sang-feature

There’s no doubt that Ho-Sang’s candid comments caused the occasional uproar.
Just prior to the draft, Ho-Sang, who is black, got in the midst of a controversy when comments he made about Rychel comparing to his style of play to the Harlem Globetrotters were viewed by some as racist.
Ho-Sang insisted that was never how he saw the parallel.
“I was talking about associations (made to his play), not how I was treated,” Ho-Sang said. “Warren and I will joke around about me being a Harlem Globetrotter. I think it’s funny and I told him that.”

When Team Canada didn’t invite Ho-Sang to its summer world junior camp, he called out Hockey Canada publicly in search of answers.
“They can’t invite me to that stuff because they’re afraid,” Ho-Sang said at the time. “If I go there and do well, then they have no reason not to put me on the world junior team.”

But really, I think this is what it boils down to:

“If my parents said something, they let me say something back and if they agreed then they would go with it,” he said. “They’ve guided me in so many different ways to become the person that I am today and they’ve always given me space.”

Also, I realize the first quote doesn't offer much context. Ho-Sang insists he was misquoted, but the situation first came up in a Steve Simmons piece (so, yes... he could have been misquoted for sure). Either way, here's the Ho-Sang quote:

"“When I start dangling, my GM calls me a Harlem Globetrotter,” Ho-Sang was quoted by writer Steve Simmons. “Why am I a Harlem Globetrotter? Analogies get related to basketball all the time with me. I don’t play basketball. I’ve never played basketball. I’m a hockey player. Why are they doing that?”

Hear that everybody? His parents let him do it so it's all good. Just a big misunderstanding.

Good luck with that kid.

Jack Capuano totally seems like the kind of guy who's willing to tolerate back talk from an 18 year old. Totally.

Edited by kipwinger

What I would've given to see that go down. Im hoping the whole squad was dressed and waiting on the red line when Ho-***** walked in.

Also hoping Capuano was out there too and said, "get the f*** out of here".

To see Ho-sungs face would've been priceless.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

What I would've given to see that go down. Im hoping the whole squad was dressed and waiting on the red line when Ho-***** walked in.

Also hoping Capuano was out there too and said, "get the f*** out of here".

To see Ho-sungs face would've been priceless.

I'm a couple Busch Light Camo's deep on this Friday evening, so forgive me ahead of time. But I'm gonna need you to spell out what Tom-Foolery you made of Ho-Sang's name to earn a week's worth of asterisks. I came up with a few of my own assumptions, but maybe I'm expecting it to be more clever than you intended.

can't believe the Isles picked this guy. This kid screams trouble he called out GMs for not interviewing him, other players and team Canada.

most people would arrive an hour early on the first day of TC because they should be pumped and ready to go. Hopefully this kid never makes it creates problems and unneeded attention wherever he goes.

I'm expecting it to be more clever than you intended.

Probably not.

Hopefully this kid never makes it creates problems and unneeded attention wherever he goes.

If he doesn't make it... whatever, but hopefully this kid just learns to STFU and one iota of his talent someday translates into a shot with an NHL team.

Creating problems and unneeded attention just keeps him on the radar and his presence right now, despite whatever talents he may possess, is really pathetic.

Probably not.

If he doesn't make it... whatever, but hopefully this kid just learns to STFU and one iota of his talent someday translates into a shot with an NHL team.

Creating problems and unneeded attention just keeps him on the radar and his presence right now, despite whatever talents he may possess, is really pathetic.

Islanders blew a first rounder on this idiot simple as that. I mean having the chance to play with Tavares and Lee on the top line even if it's just camp would have me being there as soon as possible, walking around the arena and be pumped up just to get this opportunity.

I probably would have been there hours early. I get to work. Half an hour to an hour early on a regular basis. If it was training camp with nhl players I would have slept outside the arena like I was waiting for a new video game or something

Just think about it:

the next logical step after the draft for the quest to possible make millions of §, fly private first class, play on a line with Tavares, get the best doctors, personal trainers in the world, first class hotels and hookup with some hot chicks. These guys are so blessed it's unbelievable and yet this moron thinks his hollier than you attitude would fly in the NHL. I'm sure one of the other prospects is going to look at this as a huge chance for himself.

Ho-Sang is a very talented player, but his self-entitlement is going to ruin a golden opportunity for him. I'm shocked but also pleasantly surprised that the Isles took such a firm stance. Apparently Ho-Sang was a locker room cancer before he got traded in junior, so maybe this is a pre-emptive strike to nip that stuff in the bud. His comments about the Canadian national team were also low class.

Some other prospect will hopefully seize the opportunity.