• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kylee

Predict The Red Wings' 20+ goal scorers for '15-'16

Rate this topic

When's the last time a red wing even hit 30 goals? 09 Hossa?

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen and Hossa broke 30 in 2009. Hossa hit 40 goals.

2008 Z hit 43 goals. That's the highest goals anyone's scored for a long long time. Before that Shanny hit 46 in 1997.

We don't breed too many 40+ goal scorers it seems. Rarely. And 30 goal mark is almost achievable by a lot but not quite. Seems like our top guys always hover below 30.

Basically what kliq just said lol.

Edited by kickazz

with Z, D, Johan, and Hossa all topping 30 goals that year, it shows just how important it is to have a sniper AND a legit top tier defenseman on your team. Didn't like him, but that year Johan was great and having him and Z along with Pav and Hossa, teams didn't know where to put their best line against us. How many of Hossa's 40 or Johan's 34 goals were a result of Holmstrom standing in front of the net as well? We need that legit threat as well, Which is why somehow acquiring a talent like Stamkos or a huge ass body for the front would help all of our top guys. Right now we have Larkin and Tatar who are biggest threats to score, Pav and Z are threats, but not as much. I like Abby, but we really have no Holmstrom (outside of Axel).....We need that top defender, a sniper and a net front master, maybe getting two of the three allows the third to develop from within...But who do we get?

I still think Larkin and Tatar will get to 30, if not then they'll be the closest to it. Nyquist and the rest mentioned throughout this thread will get between 20-25.

Edited by LeftWinger

It seems to me that Nyquist's original potential ceiling of 40 (based on his first-year pace) has been scaled back considerably, to regularly scoring 20-25. Which IMO makes him expendable as soon as someone new starts to produce at a good pace. Pulkkinen would be the most logical at this point since scoring relief from GR is probably another 18 months away.

It seems to me that Nyquist's original potential ceiling of 40 (based on his first-year pace) has been scaled back considerably, to regularly scoring 20-25. Which IMO makes him expendable as soon as someone new starts to produce at a good pace. Pulkkinen would be the most logical at this point since scoring relief from GR is probably another 18 months away.

You have Mantha in GR one more? Yikes. Im bringing up Mantha and Athanasiou now if Im Blashill.

You have Mantha in GR one more? Yikes. Im bringing up Mantha and Athanasiou now if Im Blashill.

I have him not scoring 20-plus in the NHL until 2017-18. He may be here next season but think it would be crazy to count on him to be ready to score that much right away.

Number of 30 goal scorers has dropped off alarmingly over the past couple years:

05/06 - 47

06/07 - 42

07/08 - 28

08/09 - 39

09/10 - 24

10/11 - 29

11/12 - 30

12/13 - 29 (pro rated for short year)

13/14 - 21

14/15 - 15

Yep. The goalies nowadays have made the game less enjoyable for the stars.

Not Abdelkader, the guy I was assured would hit 20 because he only needed 3 goals in the last 12 games to do it and who is fer sher worth that fat contract he signed? You know, the guy who had 14 goals and 36 points in the last 80 games of the season? Oh, but it's ok because his extension starts NEXT year and he's only making $1.8 mil or whatever now.

This team is far too talented to only have 2 guys hit 20 goals.

Not Abdelkader, the guy I was assured would hit 20 because he only needed 3 goals in the last 12 games to do it and who is fer sher worth that fat contract he signed? You know, the guy who had 14 goals and 36 points in the last 80 games of the season? Oh, but it's ok because his extension starts NEXT year and he's only making $1.8 mil or whatever now.

He had 19 goals in the season.

19 or 20 more or less he's a 20 goal scorer. Your point/post is kinda nullified lol.

Edited by kickazz

40+ points is worth $4M+, goal short of 20 or not. Especially for a guy as versatile as Abby.

In the last 69 games of the season, he had as many points as Zetterberg.

Didn't you go on this same rant yesterday? We get it, you dont like Abby's contract.

Edited by kliq