Smith-Marchenko

Lashoff-Sproul

Paetsch-Jensen

Howard

Next Game:

BOS.gifvs. DET.gif

9/26, Bruins at Red Wings ; 7:30 EST

Edited by Hockeytown0001

I was thinking it would be the exact same lineup as we seen in Chicago, with Franzen added in. He would presumably be placed on the line with Sheahan and Glendening, but that would make Miele the odd man out. I'm not sure if that will be the case though, with the strong outting he had last game. If not Miele, I would want Andersson out, however he too had a very strong game. I'm just hoping Svechnikov isn't the odd man out. Who knows though, maybe it's a complete mishmash of lines... I'm sure the kids will be playing though... Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi and likely Pulkkinen...

I was thinking it would be the exact same lineup as we seen in Chicago, with Franzen added in. He would presumably be placed on the line with Sheahan and Glendening, but that would make Miele the odd man out. I'm not sure if that will be the case though, with the strong outting he had last game. If not Miele, I would want Andersson out, however he too had a very strong game. I'm just hoping Svechnikov isn't the odd man out. Who knows though, maybe it's a complete mishmash of lines... I'm sure the kids will be playing though... Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi and likely Pulkkinen...

That's the most likely scenario, IMO. Frk basically filled in for him last night, since he filled in for Franzen the other day. I'm thinking tonight's we'll see the lines that were originally supposed to play on Tuesday:

Franzen-Sheahan-Glendening

Miele-Larkin-Pulkkinen

Miller-Andersson-Ferraro

Bertuzzi-Athanasiou-Mantha

Svech will probably play versus Boston on Saturday. I wonder if/when they're going to make more cuts, though. Maybe after that game?

Edit:

#RedWings Johan Franzen is expected to play tonight vs. @penguins. It's his first game since he suffered a concussion Jan. 6 at Edmonton.

Edited by Jesusberg

Just to add:

Defense looks like: Smith-Marchenko Lashoff-Sproul Paetsch-Jensen Russo is skating, too

Weird that Ouellet isn't it. Maybe he's injured?

Howard is starting with McCollum backing up.

Edit:

Power play units: Franzen-Sheahan-Larkin Smith-Pulkkinen Bertuzzi-Athanasiou-Mantha Miele-Sproul

Also, I asked Ansar about Ouellet's status, and he said he'll find out shortly. Hope it's nothing serious.

Edited by Jesusberg

Not a big fan of this preseason crap. Wish the real games would start already.

Any chance we can get a Cleary/Franzen/Rechlicz line for a game? That would draw my viewing attention from more important stuff in my life (like trying to unlock shortcuts in Bloodborne).

Not a big fan of this preseason crap. Wish the real games would start already.

Any chance we can get a Cleary/Franzen/Rechlicz line for a game? That would draw my viewing attention from more important stuff in my life (like trying to unlock shortcuts in Bloodborne).

Normally I'd agree with you but watching Larkin, Mantha etc. match up against NHL players is pretty damn exciting

Tonight will be Dylan Larkin's debut on the JLA ice playing for his hometown Detroit Red Wings. Stop and think about that for a minute. I know it happens all over the place from time to time, but the first shift he takes can you imagine the tears flowing from the eyes of his dad and mom? Can you just imagine for a minute all the years of practices, getting up at 3am, all the travel all the equipment purchased, all the money spent, all the memories of their child first learning how to skate using a chair or one of the newer plastic apparatus' they have now, all the tears Dylan cried when he thought he couldn't do it, he'd fall down and not want to get back up...my God, it's not only a rush of those memories because Dylan made it to the NHL, and that is overwhelming enough, 99% of the families who go through all the same motions don't even get a sniff of the NHL, but he was drafted by and is now playing for the hometown Detroit ******* Red Wings! Pardon my French.

Talk about dream of dreams, Mr. and Mrs. Larkin congratulations, God bless you and let those tears flow! All the years and struggles you have endured, the times you wanted to give up or had to call in sick to work to go to the next tournament or game or parent meeting, it has all been worth it. Exhale. You deserve it. I can't even imagine the euphoria they will be feeling tonight when he steps onto that hallowed ice. It most certainly is not his first time on that ice surface, hell, even two of my son's played tourney's on that ice, but as he pulls that sweater over his head, ties his laces tight, briefly remembering how many times his father had to do it for him, maybe just one more time wishing dad would make sure they were just right so he wouldn't fall and could share in this one time moment with him. As he walks down that hallway and puts his first foot onto that ice for the first time as a Detroit Red Wing in the arena he grew up (as well as his father grew up) watching their favorite players and fantasizing about being an NHL player. You made it, you are a Detroit Red Wing....Wow.

hahaha That would be funny.

Speaking of..which Avenger do you see him more like? Same question for Cleary.

Wonder if the pens will be running their a team or b team this game.

Here's their roster for tonight (Sorry it's sideways): https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPrXszWU8AAp6xH.jpg:large

Edited by Jesusberg