• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

9/24 Exhibition GDT : at Red Wings 6, Pittsburgh Penguins 1

Rate this topic

Tonight will be Dylan Larkin's debut on the JLA ice playing for his hometown Detroit Red Wings. Stop and think about that for a minute. I know it happens all over the place from time to time, but the first shift he takes can you imagine the tears flowing from the eyes of his dad and mom? Can you just imagine for a minute all the years of practices, getting up at 3am, all the travel all the equipment purchased, all the money spent, all the memories of their child first learning how to skate using a chair or one of the newer plastic apparatus' they have now, all the tears Dylan cried when he thought he couldn't do it, he'd fall down and not want to get back up...my God, it's not only a rush of those memories because Dylan made it to the NHL, and that is overwhelming enough, 99% of the families who go through all the same motions don't even get a sniff of the NHL, but he was drafted by and is now playing for the hometown Detroitf****** Red Wings! Pardon my French.

Talk about dream of dreams, Mr. and Mrs. Larkin congratulations, God bless you and let those tears flow! All the years and struggles you have endured, the times you wanted to give up or had to call in sick to work to go to the next tournament or game or parent meeting, it has all been worth it. Exhale. You deserve it. I can't even imagine the euphoria they will be feeling tonight when he steps onto that hallowed ice. It most certainly is not his first time on that ice surface, hell, even two of my son's played tourney's on that ice, but as he pulls that sweater over his head, ties his laces tight, briefly remembering how many times his father had to do it for him, maybe just one more time wishing dad would make sure they were just right so he wouldn't fall and could share in this one time moment with him. As he walks down that hallway and puts his first foot onto that ice for the first time as a Detroit Red Wing in the arena he grew up (as well as his father grew up) watching their favorite players and fantasizing about being an NHL player. You made it, you are a Detroit Red Wing....Wow.

Wasn't Larkin a Leafs fan?

I still think he's going to come back with long hair and facepaint, like Sting, and be a total enigma. Would be funny. He will become our avenger.

He won't say a word all year. The wings reclaim the Cup and wash the Blackhawks spray-painted logo off.

Commissioner Bettman holds a press conference where he states that the championship is being vacated.

Franzen decends from the rafters wearing a long black tench coat and slicked back hair, grabs the microphone outta Bettman's hands and says (To Betteman) "You've got no guts," (Turns to Patrick Kane) "And you....You're a dead man."