• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mattg214856

Who Do You Think Will Lead the Wings In Scoring

Rate this topic

Been back and forth about this but I think points will be Zetterberg. Datsyuk is sort of injury prone now. Always seems to get random issues.. Whether its knee, ankle, shoulder etc.

Z's only real issue WAS his back otherwise he doesn't get injured. I'm assuming he plays most of the season and produces around 70 Pts.

Goals I'm imo will be Tatar.

PPG leader will be Datsyuk.

Not sure what Nyquist will do with himself when Z ends up being put on a line with Pav

For the record i like that fact that Nyquist is excellent on power play. Most high end goal scorers tend to be.

Most high end goal scorers are also pretty good at scoring even strength too, though. Which Nyquist seems to not be good at.

Most high end goal scorers are also pretty good at scoring even strength too, though. Which Nyquist seems to not be good at.

Powerplay goals scored percentage in career thus far for some notable players:

Steve Yzerman - 29% PP goals out of all goals scored.

Joe Sakic - 32.8% PP goals out of all goals scored.

Henrik Zetterberg - 33.8% PP goals out of all goals scored.

Gustav Nyquist - 32% PP goals out of all goals scored.

Steven Stamkos - 34% PP goals out of all goals scored.

Alexander Ovetchkin - 37% PP goals out of all goals scored.

We should have been more worried about Zetterberg than Nyquist and his "he can only score on the power play" idea.

Or how about not :) Because to me it seems like Nyquist right around the average among the names mentioned. Additionally he only has a few seasons under his belt so it's too early to judge either way. But as of now his overall numbers are pretty standard.

Edited by kickazz

Powerplay goals scored percentage in career thus far for some notable players:

Steve Yzerman - 29% PP goals out of all goals scored.

Joe Sakic - 32.8% PP goals out of all goals scored.

Henrik Zetterberg - 33.8% PP goals out of all goals scored.

Gustav Nyquist - 32% PP goals out of all goals scored.

Steven Stamkos - 34% PP goals out of all goals scored.

Alexander Ovetchkin - 37% PP goals out of all goals scored.

We should have been more worried about Zetterberg than Nyquist and his "he can only score on the power play" idea.

Or how about not :) Because to me it seems like Nyquist right around the average among the names mentioned. Additionally he only has a few seasons under his belt so it's too early to judge either way. But as of now his overall numbers are pretty standard.

Last season more than half of Nyquist's goals were from the powerplay. The year before he went on that wild rampage to close out the season where he was scoring at some unsustainable percentage, which brings his career numbers closer to the average you mentioned. He was also something of an unknown that year, so he was granted the time and space that rookies often see, and established goal-scorers do not. He's a talented shooter, but the concern over Nyquist struggling to find time and space to score is a valid one.

Not really i'd say he passes up high percentage plays last year he seemed a little selfless to me passing up some great chances I don't think Nyquist is a sniper and we shouldn't consider him one he has the talent to be a 30 goal guy but will probably end up being a 25 goal scorer with 40-50 assists not this season but in the future for sure, he may take a different step under blash who knows, and it's not a big deal if he doesn't have a point in pre season.. it's pre season lol Tatar is a shooter and loves to score and has great passion for the game i'm not surprised to see him lead the league with goals it is pre season, compare the shooting to Z and D's shooting Tatar(Z) Nyquist(D) Nyquist may have had a lot of shots and was the PP guy last year but I think thats because Babs was pushing him towards that role.

The year before he had many breakaways and like you guys are saying more space but I don't think we'll see him go hard like that again until Z and D retire or both get hurt or just stop producing imo, I feel like he has to be the GUY if you want him to produce at a PPG pace i'm hoping Blash is telling him to shoot shoot shoot, don't need another playmaker right now and definitely don't need him with Z I think he'd be better off playing with Tats and Richards.

Last season more than half of Nyquist's goals were from the powerplay. The year before he went on that wild rampage to close out the season where he was scoring at some unsustainable percentage, which brings his career numbers closer to the average you mentioned. He was also something of an unknown that year, so he was granted the time and space that rookies often see, and established goal-scorers do not. He's a talented shooter, but the concern over Nyquist struggling to find time and space to score is a valid one.

Guess what.

There was a season 2005/06 i believe where Henrik Zetterberg scored nearly haf his goals (maybe 18 or so) on the PP.

Boy Zetterberg sure turned out okay to me.

Point is. People are jumping on this "oh Nyquist can only score on the PP" bandwagon without any legitamate argument really. They have what? One season to go off of? Come on give me a break..

He has had two real seasons and one of them he happened to score mostly on PP. That's all I gather from this.

There's plenty of players who have had seasons where they scored heavily on the powerplay rather than full strength

Zetterberg

OVetchkin - He is THE power play legend.

yzerman

For the record I'm not making a point that he's a better goal scorer than Tatar. I'm just making a point that we really don't have jack s*** to go off of. Too early to judge. Besides I'm one of the few who thinks that PP superstars are a good thing. For some reason people think being good on PP makes you inferior. Ha. I'll take 14 goals from Nyquist on the PP if that means we get to score on opponents.

Edited by kickazz

Forwards

Goals - Tatar ( 33 G - 29 A - 62 P )

Assists - Zetterberg ( 19 G - 43 A - 62 P )

Points - Nyquist ( 31 G - 37 A - 68 P )

Points / Game - Datsyuk ( 62 GP - 59 PTS - 0.95 P/G )

Defense

Goals & Points - Green ( 14 G - 37 A - 51 P )

Assists - Kronwall ( 7 G - 39 A - 46 P )

Power-Play

Goals - Nyquist ( 11 G - 14 A - 25 P )

Assists & Points - Zetterberg ( 5 G - 22 A - 27 P )