• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

captain2005

Goalie Battle

Rate this topic

Good for Howard. You'd have to be insane to root against him this year. Even if you think Mrazek is the future, the better Howard plays, the more valuable he'll be when we end up trading him. Best case scenario is to go through this season with both goalies to be pushing each other. Mrazek learns, Howard increases his value, Wings win more games.

Edited by gcom007

Quote from TSN's Bob McKenzie on Mrazek...

"They've got so many good young players. Dylan Larkin is going to be a star. I mean, Petr Mrazek has a chance to and I say this, I've got to be careful how I say this you see what Carey Price is doing for the Montreal Canadiens. I think there will be a point in time where Petr Mrazek might do the same sort of thing in terms of the athletic ability to dominate his position, when he gets older and more experienced, as what Price has been doing but there hasnt been enough consistency, and I think thats something they're working on."

Edited by krsmith17

Quote from TSN's Bob McKenzie on Mrazek...

"They've got so many good young players. Dylan Larkin is going to be a star. I mean, Petr Mrazek has a chance to and I say this, I've got to be careful how I say this you see what Carey Price is doing for the Montreal Canadiens. I think there will be a point in time where Petr Mrazek might do the same sort of thing in terms of the athletic ability to dominate his position, when he gets older and more experienced, as what Price has been doing but there hasnt been enough consistency, and I think thats something they're working on."

That's about as good as it gets as a compliment from a great hockey mind

Not to crush opinions with facts, but as of today through the games played Jimmy has a better GAA and a better save %. That would be outplaying Mrazek. Neither is our problem atm. In fact G is the one position we can count on every game so far. The 2 of them have more than done their job. Both have had games were they alone keep us in the game.

Not to crush opinions with facts, but as of today through the games played Jimmy has a better GAA and a better save %. That would be outplaying Mrazek. Neither is our problem atm. In fact G is the one position we can count on every game so far. The 2 of them have more than done their job. Both have had games were they alone keep us in the game.

Good stat pull. I think both deserve to play every other. Like you said, they are not our problem.

I don't get it though. Jimmy hasn't really played bad.

Opinions?

Seems odd. Neither has been close to the core problem, but I think Howard's definitely looked a bit better. End of the day though, I think it's clear to all that Mrazek is the future starter, and he's likely to get the majority of starts unless he bombs. They've got to keep getting him more experience so he'll be ready to takeover next year full time. I mean, does anyone seriously think they're going to keep Howard after this season barring a Mrazek meltdown? You've got to give Mrazek every opportunity to prove he's going to be the guy this season before you make that jump.