• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

DeKeyser Injured

Rate this topic

Is it me or does it seem like our players are more injury prone than other teams? I'm not saying it's the players. I'm wondering if it's the strength and conditioning team/coaches (or whatever their title is)

Edited by kickazz

Is it me or does it seem like our players are more injury prone than other teams? I'm not saying it's the players. I'm wondering if it's the strength and conditioning team/coaches (or whatever their title is)

People were saying this last preseason and I went through all team's injury reports and it showed we were near the middle of the league for number of injuries. I don't want to go through all the teams, but here's some chosen randomly:

We've had Helm, Dekeyser, Green and Datsyuk injured. Cleary, but....

Bruins: Chara (undisclosed), Seindenberg (back surgery), Seth Griffith (knee)

Oilers: Eberle (Shoulder), Purcell (minor injury)

Caps: Backstrom (hip), Orpik (wrist), Johansson, Latta,

I imagine again, we're somewhere near the middle again. I do think it's a general trend that injuries are more common with the faster game and bigger size of the average player. I don't think it's an issue with us - it just seems like we get more because we all pay attention to the Wings closer.

Anyway, Last off-season the WIngs did an overview strength and condition due to amount of injuries that year (when it was an issue). 2 years ago we were one of the highest in games lost, but that was the year when Z's back forced him out, Dats missed half the year, Mule was out for a concussion, Weiss was out with his injury. None of those (maybe Datsyuk's) can really be traced to training: Mule was hit in the head, Weiss came with his injury, Z's flared up at the Olympics and has been an issue for a long time. Then we also had Cleary, Monster, and Sammuelsson on the team and they've pretty much always had injury problems.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

I blame the guy that started the 'Completely healthy roster?' thread

that "guy" is me and my hands are clean has nothing to do with anything that was a what if secenerio anyway all of us know better

We need to fire the team doctors and trainers and hire Chicago's staff. They're among the league leaders every year in fewest man games lost.

DeKeyser has strained ligament in left foot, out 3-4 weeks, Ken Holland said.

I hope this doesn't mean more of Brian "the plug" Lashoff.

Well, that'll probably mean a kid will be on the roster to start the season (like someone said earlier, hopefully not Lashoff) as the #7 or #6 maybe?

I didn't watch but I heard the XO played great in his game, and Jensen has been doing his best to prove he is ready for a shot at the NHL.

I hope its only 4 weeks, but lets hope it doesn't linger on too long! We need Danny D out there, that's for sure!

I agree! I know there are preseason rules that a team must dress so many veterans, but IMO, if a player is no doubt going to make the team, why should you have to play him in these scrimmages? I understand getting the player ready for the season, but these injuries seem to happen more times that not in today's NHL, and it just seems that I the NHL wants it's star players healthy to start the season, they should amend that pre-season game rule requiring veterans. Besides, isn't the preseason more about your prospects trying to make the club moreso than your veteran just gong through some motions? Not saying the vets don't try hard, but really, there are certain players that know their jobs are not on the line or bubble if you would...