• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

DeKeyser Injured

Rate this topic

There's an article about this on Yahoo. The title is "The Rhed Wings are having health issues again." The subtitle: "Stop us if you've heard this one before." I had to laugh.

The article was really lazily written. Used the familiar refrain of the Red Wings are too old and that accounts for the injuries. Except Pav is the only player over 30 currently injured.

Sheesh, other markets sports writers just cannot find something better than the "Too Old" shtick?

It seems like we've been too old since I was 20! And that was 25 years ago! I think that these "writers" that keep saying this and probably wishing the Wings would just go away, have a rude awakening for them when our kids come up permanently.

I really hope Danny D gets back soon, but I am confident that if he is off the entire projected time, it won't be too bad. Last season XO, and Marchy proved they were NHL caliber players, Jensen made a great impression on the NHL this pre-season and Spoul looked pretty solid the one time I saw him. I want Danny back soon, but I am not too worried if he has to take the entire time off. (crosses fingers)

People were saying this last preseason and I went through all team's injury reports and it showed we were near the middle of the league for number of injuries. I don't want to go through all the teams, but here's some chosen randomly:

We've had Helm, Dekeyser, Green and Datsyuk injured. Cleary, but....

Bruins: Chara (undisclosed), Seindenberg (back surgery), Seth Griffith (knee)

Oilers: Eberle (Shoulder), Purcell (minor injury)

Caps: Backstrom (hip), Orpik (wrist), Johansson, Latta,

I imagine again, we're somewhere near the middle again. I do think it's a general trend that injuries are more common with the faster game and bigger size of the average player. I don't think it's an issue with us - it just seems like we get more because we all pay attention to the Wings closer.

Anyway, Last off-season the WIngs did an overview strength and condition due to amount of injuries that year (when it was an issue). 2 years ago we were one of the highest in games lost, but that was the year when Z's back forced him out, Dats missed half the year, Mule was out for a concussion, Weiss was out with his injury. None of those (maybe Datsyuk's) can really be traced to training: Mule was hit in the head, Weiss came with his injury, Z's flared up at the Olympics and has been an issue for a long time. Then we also had Cleary, Monster, and Sammuelsson on the team and they've pretty much always had injury problems.

Just saw this. Thanks for the info.